inability to download

I tried to download cd’s to clip as instructed for mac in manual. after many tries was unable to do so. when highlighted clip on my imac i could see the cd and chapters. When tried to find it on clip everthing registered as empty. Does this really work with a mac? 

Maybe I can give your partial advice. I am a Mac user with a Clip Sport, not a Clip +.

What Mac software are you using to encode (rip) your audio CDs into audio (mp3) files?  I use iTunes to convert audio files from CDs into mp3 files (192 or 256 kbps).   I had some problems playing m4a music files on my Clip Sport.

I use Finder to copy music folders from my Mac into sub folders under Music on my Clip Sport. And then one day I discovered an accumulation of yucky files with a prefix of ._ (dot underscore).  These can be cleared by a few Mac apps. 

Maybe I can give you partial advice. I am a Mac user with a Clip Sport, not a Clip +.

What Mac software are you using to encode (rip) your audio CDs into audio (mp3) files?  I use iTunes to convert audio files from CDs into mp3 files (192 or 256 kbps).   I had some problems playing and tagging m4a music files on my Clip Sport.

I use Finder to copy music folders from my Mac into sub folders under Music on my Clip Sport. And then one day I discovered an accumulation of yucky files with a prefix of ._ (dot underscore).  These can be deleted by a few Mac apps. 

@amv wrote:

I tried to download cd’s to clip as instructed for mac in manual. after many tries was unable to do so. when highlighted clip on my imac i could see the cd and chapters. When tried to find it on clip everthing registered as empty. Does this really work with a mac? 

Just to check something up-front:

Are you trying to transfer files/songs/titles directly from a CD onto your player?  If that’s the case, it won’t work:  the format that CDs use for files/songs/titles is incompatible with DAPs (all of them, iPods included), and you end up with what you got, empty files on the DAP.

Instead, as noted above, you need to “rip” (essentially, translate) the CD files into a format that DAPs use, common formats that you may have seen being mp3, aac, mp4, m4v, flac, ogg, etc.  On a Windows PC, I use the CDex ripper; I’ll leave the Mac users here to advise as to Mac software.

There can be many settings on a ripper, many focusing on the relationship between space used and the quality of sound (it generally is a teeter-totter between the 2 factors).  But once you learn the settings options for the ripper you choose, it’s a very-much automatic process.

@dfeld2005 wrote:

And then one day I discovered an accumulation of yucky files with a prefix of ._ (dot underscore).  These can be deleted by a few Mac apps. 

Nasty little yuck files, aren’t they?  These are “normal” admin. files that Macs create when transferring files to non-Apple devices–DAPs, cameras, etc.  These files are totally unnecessary, and unfortunately totally can clog the non-Apple devices.

As others may note, a good freeware software utility to run on the non-Apple device to clean the clogging files away:  Hidden Cleaner.  http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Hidden-Cleaner.shtml