Im Taking My 8 gig Clip back

i have been trying to download songs for over a week and all i have gotten out of this is a headache. i have also been coming to this forum for help i notice new threads every day talking about problems people are having with this clip. now i know why its on sale.

unless i can get some actual help i will be taking this clip back and letting everyone know what a piece it is.

@maastmike wrote:

i have been trying to download songs for over a week and all i have gotten out of this is a headache. i have also been coming to this forum for help i notice new threads every day talking about problems people are having with this clip. now i know why its on sale.

unless i can get some actual help i will be taking this clip back and letting everyone know what a piece it is.

From what I recall of your thread…

A. You couldn’t update Windows Media Player because your copy of Windows wasn’t validated

B. All your music came from torrents(pirated) , and for that matter , that’s where you tried to get pirate WMP updates because your Windows is pirated.

C. So perhaps the reason you’ve had no success is all your fault to begin with! 

shiver me timbers!

I have had no such issues with my Clip.  But perhaps the fact that I have licensed copies of Windows XP and Vista makes it easier.  IIRC, SanDisk states that Windows XP with SP2 or above is the minimum requirement for the Clip (although the Clip actually will work with both Linux and on Macs as well). 

@maastmike wrote:

I have had no such issues with my Clip.  But perhaps the fact that I have licensed copies of Windows XP and Vista on my computers, and that I listen to music I’ve burned from my CDs or purchased, makes it easier.  IIRC, SanDisk states that Windows XP with SP2 or above is the minimum requirement for the Clip (although the Clip actually will work with both Linux and on Macs as well).   

@maastmike wrote:

Your loss  is my gain.  I’m the owner of 2 clips and I couldn’t be happier…!!:smileyvery-happy:

Keep in mind this is a user forum.  Most of us are not Sandisk employees.  We are here because we like and use Sandisk products; meaning we aren’t required to offer assistance.  

But, with that said, you would probably be better off taking the unit back.  Songs downloaded from torrents and installing them from a computer that doesn’t have an official operating system installed is asking for problems.

I would suggest you get this:

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-22-2009 06:35 AM

I have 2 clips.I gave the 2 gig to my son and I have an 8 gig.It is so easy to load songs and pod casts.I have Rhapsody for songs and the ones I purchase go automatically to my WMP.I can load from either Rhapsody or WMP.Very quickly and no problems.

The Clip is the greatest invention since the Wright Brothers I have two, a 4 and an 8.   I have had no trouble with them.

My favorite thing is the AUX input to the car stereo!   

One thing to consider, if you are deleting files and copying new ones over, it would be best to copy everything to the PC, FORMAT the clip and copy everything at once.

The clip is not doing file defragmenting it probably just marks blocks as ‘bad’ if you delete things.

@maastmike wrote:

Somebody better make the call!

Okay guys, though I like the Wambulance, remember to play nice.

Without a genuine copy of Windows, you open yourself up to all kinds of issues.  In particular, Windows Media Player 10 and 11 are not available, offering MTP capabilities.

The Sansa can be operated in MSC mode.

µsansa

I HAVE a genuine copy of Windows, but the update to WMP won’t work.  If M$oft can’t make their own update program work on their own operating system, then they don’t need me using WMP or the new (we finally got it right, this time we mean it!) IE8.

IF that means I can’t buy music from the Microsoft DRM “Pays for Sure” music stores, I’m not especially concerned.

Message Edited by donp on 03-23-2009 08:35 AM