I'm having some real issues!

Ok so I’m posting about two seperate sansa fuses that both of them have some issues.

ok here’s the first issue…

The first one will actually turn on but it won’t read on my computer (windows XP home edition XP SP3) and i’ve tried everything but I have had no results. I can’t load music or anything on it…it still charges but like I said earlier I can’t load anything onto it. My computer says  " Error 10 Divice can’t start"

I need help!

ok here’s my issues with the second one…

This one is a little more serious than the other. This one doesn’t read when I turn it on all I get is a weird white screen with a awkward black blob that moves occasionally. This one I can’t do anything with because it won’t move off of the weird screen.

I really need help on this! I’ve tried practically everything! They have not been damaged or dropped, the errors occured when I plugged them into the computer, and these were two different computers so i know it’s not my computer that’s making the error.

Thanks for your time

@emochick99 wrote:

Ok so I’m posting about two seperate sansa fuses that both of them have some issues.

ok here’s the first issue…

The first one will actually turn on but it won’t read on my computer (windows XP home edition XP SP3) and i’ve tried everything but I have had no results. I can’t load music or anything on it…it still charges but like I said earlier I can’t load anything onto it. My computer says  " Error 10 Divice can’t start"

I need help!

You say your tried everything but what did you try exactly? Its much easier to help you if we know what you have already done. That way we arent doing the samethings you have already done. 

ok here’s my issues with the second one…

This one is a little more serious than the other. This one doesn’t read when I turn it on all I get is a weird white screen with a awkward black blob that moves occasionally. This one I can’t do anything with because it won’t move off of the weird screen.

Try sliding the power switch up and holding it for 15-20 seconds. See if anything changes. If not, Slide the power switch down (To the hold position you should see an orange dot) then press and hold the center button while connecting to the computer, see if it gets recognized. If it does follow the instructions in the Sansa Fuze Firmware Update thread(the first post) and do a manual install of the newest firmware.

I really need help on this! I’ve tried practically everything! They have not been damaged or dropped, the errors occured when I plugged them into the computer, and these were two different computers so i know it’s not my computer that’s making the error.

Thanks for your time

As I said tell us what you have tried, this is important for us to be abe to tell you how to try and fix things.

Thanks I’ll try that :slight_smile: I’ll try to find the time to list all i’ve done lolz…

I’m having the same problem with a Black blob on a white screen.  I have just tried your suggestions and it is still there.  I only bought it in October 2008 so should I claim on the guarantee

@silverserfer wrote:

I’m having the same problem with a Black blob on a white screen.  I have just tried your suggestions and it is still there.  I only bought it in October 2008 so should I claim on the guarantee

What have you tried? Manually reinstall the firmware, and Format the player.

Yah I bought mine in december but they said that they wouldn’t look at it

@emochick99 wrote:
Yah I bought mine in december but they said that they wouldn’t look at it

Who?

The sansa people. They said that if I even dropped it once the warenty is void…

@emochick99 wrote:

Its not warrantied against accidental damage, only manufacturers defects.

I know but the problems didn’t happen after I dropped it…they started way before I dropped it…

@emochick99 wrote:
I know but the problems didn’t happen after I dropped it…they started way before I dropped it…

I dont know then.

yah I figure I’ll just have to buy a new one…

@emochick99 wrote:
yah I figure I’ll just have to buy a new one…

How are you with a Soldiering gun? Maybe you could find one on Ebay where the screen works, but is otherwise defective and try to fix yours.

@conversionbox wrote:

@emochick99 wrote:

Its not warrantied against accidental damage, only manufacturers defects.

I guess it depends which SanDisk person you talk to:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=22143

…though we’ll see if this guy actually gets his replacement unit.

whats the soldiering gun for everything in the fuze is a plug and anything else is part of the board.

@psywiped wrote:
whats the soldiering gun for everything in the fuze is a plug and anything else is part of the board.

I know but… If the person doesnt know what a Soldering gun is then they probably shouldnt be opening the fuze up.

I have tried the above suggestions, I don’t get an orange dot.  I have re formated but it istill there.   I can still listen to music as I can just about see the icon, but it’s pot luck what I play.  I have not dropped it.   It is actually 2 Black blobs joined by a Black line.

@silverserfer wrote:
I have tried the above suggestions, I don’t get an orange dot.  I have re formated but it istill there.   I can still listen to music as I can just about see the icon, but it’s pot luck what I play.  I have not dropped it.   It is actually 2 Black blobs joined by a Black line.

Take, or send it back and get another one. You have a defective LCD screen, and it’s not going to get any better, only worse. Exchange it while you can.

Telephoned QVC, which is where I got it from, and the are sending me an envelope to send it back to them, and then they will replace it with a new one.  Looks like sending it back to where I bought it from, is better than asking SanDisk to fix it.

@silverserfer wrote:
Telephoned QVC, which is where I got it from, and the are sending me an envelope to send it back to them, and then they will replace it with a new one.  Looks like sending it back to where I bought it from, is better than asking SanDisk to fix it.

Not necessarily better, but certanly quicker. :wink: