If you want a V1

Try getting a refurb’d unit from Buy.com.  I just bought two for $40, both were V1.  By the way, thanks for the great tips on this board, especially those who worked on video4 fuze - great software.  I’ve been ripping my wife’s IPOD movies and some DVDs (after conversion to mp4) to the fuze.  These things are great little media players.

Could or can,someone explain to me that cult that appears to have grown around the V1 Fuze? Look i had (and still have) a V1 which i purchased the week the Fuze was introduced.Poor thing didn’t make it a year before the headphone jack had  a total blowout.I’ve moved on to a V2,it’s a month old,so far, so good…     

Shmincev3 wrote:
Could or can,someone explain to me that cult that appears to have grown around the V1 Fuze? Look i had (and still have) a V1 which i purchased the week the Fuze was introduced.Poor thing didn’t make it a year before the headphone jack had  a total blowout.I’ve moved on to a V2,it’s a month old,so far, so good…     

It’s the love for the alternative Rockbox firmware that isn’t compatible with the V2. My old V1 is well over a year now though, and its current owner is not having headphone jack issues.

Once you’ve used rockbox you won’t want to go back to the original firmware.  My V1 is fine too.  In fact the V2s are the ones that seem to have issues (i.e. last v2 firmware update)

I might add, the guys that worked on the Fuze/e200v2 Rockbox port … Saratoga and others, I presume… did an exceptional job with coding it. It is one of the best ports that I know of.

Obviously you realize that just because your v1 hasn’t taken a dump yet does not, necessarily,mean it won’t in future…Thanks for the answer, as i was curious as to why some people  acted as though they’d won the Lotto over finding a v1 Fuze when i’ve had a  DOA     v1 sitting on the desk here for over         three months. 

On the flip side of that, just because you had bad luck with your v1 doesn’t mean everyone else will.

Yeah dude,thanks for clarifying,we’d already established that but,yeah…