If player is not getting recognised by xp/not charging then....

hi, 

i own a sansa clip and it has been about 50 days i purchased it…initially every thing was fine and i was very much satisfied with the performance of the player…especially the sound quality…n that too for Rs:2500, i think its the best in its class…n sometimes even better then few expensive players.

then came the real problem…the player just stopped charging after some time when pluged in…n it even stopped being recognised by the O.S(xp)…

Then i tried to update the firmware…n after upgrading  the firmware the problem was solved…now my player work’s fine. 

u can update ur firmware very easily…all u need to do is to download the Sansa Firmware Updater and install it…the software will automatically download and install the firmware into ur player when u connect it to ur pc.

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376 (download sansa firmware updater ).this software will download the upadate n install it in ur player… but ur player needs to be recognised by the X.P before u can update it so,plz follow this  simple steps…                                                                                                                                         Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.

Mac and Linux users can connect their Clip in MSC mode and follow the instructions below. 

MSC mode instructions:
Turn on the Clip
Put the device in Hold (move Hold button until orange is showing)
Press and hold the Center Button
Plug the mini-USB connector into the device (be sure the USB is plugged into the computer)
Wait for the Clip drive to mount.                                                                                                                                   after following the above procedure the player will be detected in ur PC…n the firm ware can be updated…