i just got a snasa slot player

i have one question about it inorder to make a play disk of my own useing my cd’s would i need to convert the music to mp3 first then store it to the micro sd ? and if so does scandisk or sansa have a mp3 program they recomend for this ive looked around teh site and havent found anything about it maybe im just missing it … thanks for any help

@shadowset13 wrote:
i have one question about it inorder to make a play disk of my own useing my cd’s would i need to convert the music to mp3 first then store it to the micro sd ? and if so does scandisk or sansa have a mp3 program they recomend for this ive looked around teh site and havent found anything about it maybe im just missing it … thanks for any help

Yeah thats what you need to do. No Sansa does not have a specific program they recomend (they arent apple so they wont tell you what you HAVE to use). I on the other hand have 3 recomendations for programs:

1. If you have experiance and are comfortable with it (I use it) Windows Media Player

2. Media Monkey, Is a great program as it does everything WMP does plus it manages podcasts

3. WinAmp, Some people love it and some dont, I have always had a good experiance with it

@conversionbox wrote:

1. WinAmp, Some people love it and some dont, I have always had a good experiance with it

Except to get .mp3 ripping capability with Winamp you have to buy the Pro version for 20 bucks. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

1. WinAmp, Some people love it and some dont, I have always had a good experiance with it

Except to get .mp3 ripping capability with Winamp you have to buy the Pro version for 20 bucks. :wink:

Yup, same with MediaMonkey…after the first 30 days.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Yup, same with MediaMonkey…after the first 30 days.

OK Since 2 of my three were shot down try this one

PowerAmp

@conversionbox wrote:

OK Since 2 of my three were shot down try this one

PowerAmp

Already tried that one. 21 day free trial. But it did what I needed. I had a CD from the library that was an ‘enhanced’ CD with videos & other ■■■■ on it, and WMP & Roxio wouldn’t/couldn’t copy it.

Awful lot of extracurricular stuff you gotta D/L with it though to get it to work right. I found it cumbersome and confusing.

Do you have something in mind other than WMP that is free and will rip?

@conversionbox wrote:
Do you have something in mind other than WMP that is free and will rip?

WMP would be fine for the OP, I would think,and MediaMonkey will rip in WMA, WMA VBR, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC…it’s only MP3 that is limited in the free version.

I too, would probably just advise WMP; it’s already there and does a pretty good job. There’s only been a couple of instances when the on-line database it uses came up with information for a totally different CD than what was actually in the drive.

Some have said that it uses the older mp3 codec instead of the preferrable LAME mp3 encoder. I haven’t tried this myself, but EAC (Exact Audio Copy) has been spoken very highly of, but I understand it is fairly complicated to get set up properly. Once it is, it’s supposed to do a spectacular job.

Which is another reason just to stick with WMP, especially for someone fairly new to the game. :wink:

CB - I (and I don’t think anybody else) was trying to put down your suggestions. They were all good ones; I was merely pointing out that they weren’t free, where WMP is as it already comes with Windows. If the OP is willing to spend the money on the other programs, well that’s up to him, but he should probably start out with WMP at least until he gets his feet wet.

I just bought the Pro version of Winamp a couple days ago. 20 bucks isn’t bad and I though maybe the LAME encoder would give me better sounding files and the few discs that WMP had problems identifying were recognized properly in Winamp. However, I noticed it isn’t nearly as fast as WMP. Maybe that’s a good thing? Running a bit slower might capture more music information? I don’t know yet. Still playing around with it. :smiley:

thanks for the ideas ill start looking around at the programs to find one i like then . oh and yes i have a ipod nano and now switching to a sansa slot player just cause im finding it to be easier and more relyable plus with it i have more control. the itunes and ipod are a pain to use sometimes and dont always do as you want them to lol .

WOW !!!

You’re saying the lowly 20 dollar SanDisk SlotMusic player is:

• Easier to use (well, with only a couple buttons, it probably would be), but
  • Also more reliable, and
  • You have more control

than an I-pod Nano!

You also say that I-tunes & I-pod don’t always work as they are supposed to? They are a PITA?

No, this is just too good! Let me bookmark this post, and link to it my reponse everytime somebody who has just bought a Sansa player and can’t figure out how to turn it on or load music onto it (or something similarly elementary). Without fail, they always threaten to return it and buy a pod instead!

This is great. Simply Great! :smileyvery-happy:

Give you another one. Tried to help dad load music cds on his Ipod Nano 2g. Never could get it to work. My brother had to do it for him. Dad saw my Slotmusic player and he had to have one. The pod has stayed in the desk drawer and the Slot player goes every where with him. I ended up adding a Fuze 8g to my collection.

They said the Itunes was designed to be used by 80 yr old grandmother. Guess dad and I aren’t old enough yet.

thanks

barondla