I just got a refurbed Sansa e250.  It did not come with t...

I just got a refurbed Sansa e250.  It did not come with the software disk.  Is there a link to get the software?  All I see is firmware updates but what if I never did the original software install??   I don’t see the drivers anywhere on the sandisk website.

The only piece of software on the disc not available from SanDisk’s site is Sansa Media Converter, the software used to convert pictures and videos and transfers them to the Sansa. However, there have been other sites that have hosted SMC, and you may be able to download it.

Drivers are standard Windows MSC/MTP drivers, the firmware updater isn’t on the CD, but available online. The user’s guide is also available online.

You can also contact SanDisk Technical Support (866-SANDISK), and ask them to ship you a CD.

Thank You for the quick reply now maybe you can assist me with one more.  When I connect my Sandisk to the USB port the screen shows connected but then when I go to My Computer it is not listed as a device?   I tried this on 2 separate computers with the same problem.  Any suggestions?

Is it in MTP mode?

dwighthenning wrote:

Thank You for the quick reply now maybe you can assist me with one more.  When I connect my Sandisk to the USB port the screen shows connected but then when I go to My Computer it is not listed as a device?   I tried this on 2 separate computers with the same problem.  Any suggestions?

what OS do you have?

does it show up in device manager?

have you tried connecting in both MTP and MSC modes?

I got one of these refurb too and after updating firmware using the updater, it is no longer recognized by the OS (either XP or Ubuntu). Any ideas anyone?