I have an Idea about Charging...

Ok so there are a lot of folks who come on here and complain about charging the fuze and clip, and how they cant listen to the player through the player when its hooked to the computer. So I had a thought, what if there were 2 modes for the power? One mode called Charging and one mode called transfer. In “Charging” mode the player could act like it does when connected to a wall charger, and in “Transfer” mode it acts as it does now. Any thoughts? 

@conversionbox wrote:
Ok so there are a lot of folks who come on here and complain about charging the fuze and clip, and how they cant listen to the player through the player when its hooked to the computer. So I had a thought, what if there were 2 modes for the power? One mode called Charging and one mode called transfer. In “Charging” mode the player could act like it does when connected to a wall charger, and in “Transfer” mode it acts as it does now. Any thoughts? 

I like the idea, but I can see potential for confusion among people that are still newbies to the Sansa players…it might end up being one more thing we have to explain to them when the players isn’t doing what they expect it to. 

Something like this?  It would be nice, eliminating the switch to “slave mode” when plugged in, allowing use of the Sansa while plugged in to the computer, no database refresh.

I’d love it, as long as a message warns you that the data mode is disabled.  With any convenience can come confusion too.

Bob  :wink:

Imo the battery should be easily swappable(with spares easy to buy), and should be charged outside the player via an included wall charger.  If Canon can do this with their digital cameras, then Sandisk can do this with their mp3 players.