I have a major problem! The converter makes files 10X there original size!!!!!!!

Hello, this is my first post at the SanDisk’s Sansa Community, and I have a major problem. OK, so lemme start from the beginning. I downloaded a Malcolm in the middle ep. from Divx. OK, its 174 MB! So I got a 3GP converter to knock that down, I got it to 10 MB! YAY! Then scince the SMC doesn’t convert 3GP I converted this back to a MOV, bumped it up to about 20MB, still good right? well, when I went to upload it, it took like a half hour and it went to 200MB!!! I have the 4 GB and I need every spare kilobyte! I need to know why!!! I mean when I convert it to 3gp quality is lost, but when I convert it into the sansa, it stays bad quality and still is huge! What am I doing wrong?

The Sansa only recognizes .mov in a 15fps and certain pixel size.  I don’t know how you got a vid like that down to 10mb, but no converter I’ve seen can convert that small…

You might try arcsoft.com’s media converter- it will create files in the format for the player, but probably big filesize again… …