I can't get the music to play

The mp3 turns on but for some reason the music won’t play.  It was working fine and out of the blue it started acting crazy.  Can anyone help?

Did you try a system reset (on switch in uppermost position for 15-20 seconds)?

Yes, I tried to reset it but it is still doing the same thing.  There is a circle by the battery symbol that didn’t used to be there.  I had an issue once before and the rep I was talking to asked about that circle symbol.

Is the circle solid (filled in) or empty (just an outline)? The circle indicates you have DRM-“protected” tracks on your player. A full circle means the license is OK and the tracks will play, but an empty circle means the license is expired and the protected tracks won’t play. Protected tracks come from subsciption services like Rhapsody, but you can also accidentally protect your own tracks if you don’t change the default settings in Windows Media Player.

Thank you for your reply.  I reset my clip and all is well.  I spent hours looking over this forum and reading complaints from some people.  I love my clip and have actually had several friends change over to Sansa.  Everything out there is eventually gonna have an issue or two. People just need to be patient and go through the proper chennels to get the right help.  Thanks for every thing,

Joe

When you say you “reset the clip”, what exactly did you do?

I’m having a similar problem this morning… radio-option works fine, but I can’t play anything in the Albums or Audiobooks (although I can see the files on the display, and the “play/pause” icon changes…)

I don’t have the circle-symbol you referred to, so I’m not sure it’s the same problem.  All I’ve done so far is the “hold the switch on for 20-30 seconds” trick, but that isn’t working for me.

Man, I hate not having access to those files… this is going to be a long day at the office.