I use the same nickname here and in the ABI forums, if you read my posts you can tell I’m a Clip lover and defender. I have a 1 GB and a 2 GB both about four month old and hadn’t had big problems… until yesterday. My 2 GB stopped communicating with the PC and is not even charging, so is headed to death.
I tried everything that’s in the forums, in this order:
- New USB port (nothing
- New USB cable (nothing)
- Check these ports and cables are working with the other Clip (yes, they are)
- 15 second reset (nothing)
- Try in MTP(nothing)
- Try to reinstall FW with hold and center button to connect (nothing)
- Move connector and see (nothing)
- Leave connected for a while (just discharge)
- Format before lose all charge (still not connecting / charging)
- Compare pins between both clips (look the same)
- Try in a different PC (nothing)
So I think there’s nothing left to do myself. My big problem is that I’m in Venezuela, I got the Clip through a quite difficult (but absolutely legal) process from USA. Am I still able to get a warranty return in any way? My other problem is that my “phone English” is not very good, I lost many words, so I would like to make the process by email. Is that possible?
I’m really sad because I really love the product (I even wrote a big review in a Spanish site link here) so I would appreciate all your help.