How to view the songs added in the current list?

Hello,

Is there anyway to show the current list of songs that are being played on Sansa ZIP?

For instance:

Go to artist: Joe Satriani --> Play All.

Now all Joe Satriani songs are being played…

BUT, i want to select an specific song , and (maybe) i don’t know the album where is it. Also i don’t want to enter inside an Album an (after that) select the song… “replacing” previous “Joe Satriani” with “Joe Satrini->Album1” list of songs…

How could i access to the current list of songs to choose 1 particular song, w/o changing the current list of songs??.

Another Example:

I want to play “all the songs of my Sansa ZIP”…now i want to view the list of all songs that are bein played in order to “start picking specific songs” w/o replace the current generated playlist.

I can do that on my old 2nd gen ipod, my old Nokia 5310, my currently Android Phone, but couldn’t find a solution in Sansa Zip yet :frowning:

Press the DOWN button whle a song is playing, then select BACK TO MUSIC LIST.

When i press the down button i only have the following options:

• Add Song to GoList

• Rate Song

• Repeat

• Shuffle

• Music EQ

• Delete Song

• Track Info

Also have the latest firmware…V01.01.20P

the Zip does not ahve the back to music list option, however the back button should work for what you want to do. 

No, because when i use the Back button:

1. i don’t have the current list of active songs. I have a menu with “just” the albums. Not the songs.

2. if i pick a song (exploring inside an album)…the active songs of “all artist” changes to just 1 “album”.

So after picking a particular song, i lose my playlist.

(Also, imagine this example with more than 1 artist…its a worse scenario…).

Offtopic: It’s possible to rollback from RockBox on Sansa ZIP? (Completely uninstall it). Because maybe i will try it to solve this problem.

Well I’m currently using “Rockbox” never used it before…its nice but…

i wanna come back to the original Sansa Zip firmware in a future and maybe with this feature (the …“BACK TO MUSIC LIST”) enabled…

@thesebastian wrote:

Offtopic: It’s possible to rollback from RockBox on Sansa ZIP? (Completely uninstall it). Because maybe i will try it to solve this problem.

If by “rollback” you mean un-install then yes, you can do it. Just use the Rockbox Utility that (I assume) you used to install it in the 1st place. There is an Uninstall Option. Note that after you do this, you will also need to re-install (manually) a fresh copy of the OF (Sansa original firmware) as Rockbox patches the one on the player with its bootloader. Re-installing a fresh, unaltered copy overwrites the altered one on the player so it will now boot only into the Sansa firmware and all traces of Rockbox will be gone.

@thesebastian wrote:

i wanna come back to the original Sansa Zip firmware in a future and maybe with this feature (the …“BACK TO MUSIC LIST”) enabled…

Don’t want to burst your bubble, but I doubt very much that this will happen.

No, its ok if not.

But i think its a MUST BE on any MP3 player.