How to use Fuse with SYNC?

Hello,all.   I own an '08 Focus that is equipped w/ SYNC.    I recently purchased a Sansa Fuse 8GB MP3.   When I plug in the supplied USB cord,all that happens is that the Fuse charges,and the SYNC’s voice recognition says that it can find no media on the USB connection.  I am able to play the device by connecting it to the “line in” on the stereo, however I have no voice control over the Fuse.   Does anyone know how to be able to use SYNC w/ the Fuse?   Thanks,Dan

ps   SYNC’s website states that the Fuse is compatible w/ the SYNC.   

Move your post to the Fuze Forum. This is the FAQ and Stickies board.  -Moved to the correct forum.  µ

I do know that the fuze works with sync on fords but I dont know how, sombody on the fuze forum will know.

Message Edited by microsansa on 02-03-2009 12:24 PM

change the mode to msc

delonh24,that did the trick.  Thanks!!!    Dan

MTP works as well, just dont use Auto. If you have a Rhapsody Account you can even stream Rhapsody DRM content to the Sync in MTP mode.

I am currently using my Fuze with the SYNC system connected in MSC mode through USB.  The tracks located on the internal memory (2GB) are listed.  However, the tracks on my 8GB MicroSD card are not recognized by SYNC.  Switching the mode to MTP shows that no files are on the Fuze.  Is there anything I can do to get the SYNC system to recognize my expansion card?

@joecool96 wrote:
I am currently using my Fuze with the SYNC system connected in MSC mode through USB.  The tracks located on the internal memory (2GB) are listed.  However, the tracks on my 8GB MicroSD card are not recognized by SYNC.  Switching the mode to MTP shows that no files are on the Fuze.  Is there anything I can do to get the SYNC system to recognize my expansion card?

Did you add the files to the card in MTP or MSC mode?

I added all the files to the player (internal memory and MicroSD) in MSC mode.

@joecool96 wrote:

I’m not 100% sure , but I think that system only will read the internal memory. I think the SYNC system when designed was optimized for either Zunes( made by Microsoft like the SYNC) or *groan*iPuds(highest market share). Thing is, these players don’t have external memory capability(one of the cool things about the Fuze).  So I’m not sure there’s any way for it to read your memory card.:cry: