how to stop playing after each mp3

In teaching folk dance, I want to set the Clip so it will stop after playing the one MP3 file that I select.

I do not want it to start playing the next file in the music folder.

Add the 1 song you wish to play to the Go List. Play Go List. When that song stops, the Go List will have been completed, so it won’t go any further 'till you queue up the next song.

Adding to the Go List in this case is fairly quick and easy. Bring up the song you wish to play, press the down button to bring up the menu and scroll to Add to Go List. When that song is completed, do the same thing, but select Remove From Go List. Then add the next one.

Alternately, there’s a cool shortcut. on the player, you can configure the Press and Hold (center button) to add / remove from GoList:

Settings > System Settings > Press and Hold > Add To GoList.

Then, all you’ll need to do is cue up the song, and hold the center button to add it to the GoList queue.  For playback of the GoList: Music > Playlists > GoList.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

neutron_bob wrote:

Alternately, there’s a cool shortcut. on the player, you can configure the Press and Hold (center button) to add / remove from GoList:

Ah yes . . . forgot about that little tidbit/shortcut, Bob. Don’t use it myself as I don’t bother with the Go List at all, but the Press & Hold option is even quicker & easier. :smiley:

The Add To GoList function was streamlined in the latest firmwares, especially when you are navigating via Songs.  The center button is redirected to Add To GoList.  In Albums it will add all tracks from the selected album, a cool shortcut.

With the e280v2, I use the GoList as a workaround for one of the final e200 FW’s little bugs- songs are not added to the device library when using Rhapsody until the next synchronization with the client.  On the Clip+, songs are immediately added.  I briefly queue the desired track(s) before shutdown, manually snagging those cool new tunes on-the-fly.

Ah, the things we do for music…

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: