How to shuffle and what are those EQ bars exactly?

I read the manual and know how to turn Shuffle mode on & off, but it doesn’t do anything.  How do I shuffle songs?  They play alphabetically.

Also, what exactly are the 5 bars for in the EQ custom setting? 

Thanks.

Huh. Shuffle mode is working now.  Not sure what I was doing wrong initially.  Will the shuffle order be different every time I turn the Clip on?

I’d still like a detailed explanation of the EQ custom setting bars.

The bars represent increasing or decreasing that frequency (up means increasing, and down, decreasing).  Just tty it out, and you’ll hear the difference immediately.

The bars represent increasing or decreasing that frequency (up means increasing, and down, decreasing).  Just try it out, and you'll hear the difference immediately.  

Thanks, Milkerman.  I’m not as audio savvy or sensitive as most on the forum are. I thought maybe someone could spell out what each bar represents.

Do you know if the shuffle feature shuffles the music differently each time I turn on the Clip?  

awm03 wrote:

Thanks, Milkerman.  I’m not as audio savvy or sensitive as most on the forum are. I thought maybe someone could spell out what each bar represents.

Do you know if the shuffle feature shuffles the music differently each time I turn on the Clip?  

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it still make a noise?

Given that the shuffle feature plays a different song every time, how would you know if it’s the same or different after you turn it off and on again?

:stuck_out_tongue:

The shuffle order varies, I believe.

As to the frequency bars, each bar (from left to right) represents a different sound frequency, with the bass end on the left and treble on the right.  And so if you want to increase the bass, you would increase the level of the left bar(s).  It takes experimentation–imho, the sound is best left alone.

The shuffle function is unique, in that there’s a twist to it.

Once you select shuffle, a shuffled list is generated.  Using the << or >> buttons, you can back up to the last tracks, or skip forward, in the shuffled list.  If you wish to build a new list, toggle shuffle off, then on again.  The list will be rebuilt in a new order.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

It’s not really unique… it works like that on an ipod, for example.