If you cannot copy, delete or send data from your pen drive or face problem when you format it. It shows en error message like “The disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk.”
Basically write protection allows a pen drive to keep its content from being changed.
Number of Methods to fix write protection error on pen drive
Best ways to remove write protection error from your pen drive goes here:
Fix Error through Registry Editor
- Go to “start” option of your computer and open Registry editor
- For this you write a command “regedit” on run
- When registry editor open, navigate the location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/StorageDevicePolicies
- In right side you will get a value named “WriteProtect“. Just right click and change the hexadecimal value from 1 to 0 and you got it. You have safely remove the write protection error.
- Exit registry and restart your Operating System
- Then connect your USB on PC
Note: If the value named “WriteProtect“ does not exist then follow same steps which is mentioned above , but change “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” with “HKEY_CURRENT_USER“.