how to put music in subfolder ?

hello,

recently I have purhcased  " Sansa e270 ".    It has some songs folders in it. I connected it to MTP mode with my computer and deleted that folders.  Now I have no folders inside Music folder. 

Then I have created new folder by right clicking inside music folder. I have given name to it. then I copied some music files from my computer and pasted it in side that subfolder. It asked me to do the conversion. I allowed it. then I disconnected player and I saw MUSIC option inside player.

It shows me all songs but there is no subfolder !  all my songs are inside  music > songs >  without any subfolders.

WIth subfolder I can properly organize my songs.

How can I organise songs without subfolder ?

I tried in MTP and MSC mode. but it shows me songs only when i disconnect player with PC. 

any solution ?

I want this format  :  music > songs > mysongs > then song file name.

please guide me.

Your player does not read or display folders or files, but rather the metadata info in the ID3 tag contained within the audio file(s) itself.

If you look on your computer, you’ll see the folder structure you have set up, but the lists on the player itself are from the ID3 tags. It’s structure is Artist > Album > Song (or track). There is also a Genre list.

There is no way to change this on the player you have. If you must have ‘Folder’ view & navigation, you’ll have to get a newer model like the Fuze, Clip+ or the latest (just out last week) Fuze+. Of course you’ll pay more for these players as opposed to the 2-3 year old e270.

“There is no way to change this on the player you have. If you must have ‘Folder’ view & navigation, you’ll have to get a newer model…”

Oh but there is a way to have Folder/File view functionality and a whole lot more WITHOUT a “newer model”.

The solution for your “old and decrepit” e270 is free and called Rockbox.

http://www.rockbox.org