how to preserve tags when converting from m4a to ogg

I have m4a files from the iTunes store. So far I have found no program that converts m4a to ogg AND preserves the tags in the process. So until now I am stuck with doing the conversion and then using MP3Tag to export the tags manually from the m4a files to a text file and reimport them to the ogg files. Does anyone know a free program that can do that?

@calv wrote:
I have m4a files from the iTunes store. So far I have found no program that converts m4a to ogg AND preserves the tags in the process. So until now I am stuck with doing the conversion and then using MP3Tag to export the tags manually from the m4a files to a text file and reimport them to the ogg files. Does anyone know a free program that can do that?

MediaMonkey will do it for podcasts…I don’t know about music tracks though.

Now that I bought new music, I tested this. But the OGG files produced with MediaMonkey’s M4A-OGG-conversion freeze my fuze. When playing such a file, the fuze stays at 0:00 and does not react on any keypress, until reset the player. I tried it with quality settings 5 and 6. Also I both tried transfering the files with MediaMonkey and by copying them by hand in MSC mode. Another problem seems to be that when I edit the tags of those OGGs with MP3Tag, they seem not to be correctly recognized anymore by the fuze (meaning, they are under “Unknown”)

I have found another program called MediaCoder. That one does the job.