How to find music on card into E260

How do you find the music on an sd card that is in the E260?

The player should find the files on its own when it builds the database. All files (whether in the internal memory or on the card) appear in the same list, and the songs on the card are indicated by a small “memory card” icon to the left of the track name.

You need to also make sure your, firstly, that you have a compatible µSD card for your player.  If it’s 2GB or under, you’re good to go no matter which model player you have.  If it’s bigger than 2GB in capacity, then a v1 model player won’t be compatible with your card using the stock original firmware.  (see rockbox.org for a workaround for this issue.)

Secondly, you need to ensure your files are all properly tagged using a freeware program called mp3tag with id3 tag format id3v2.3 iso-8859-1. 

my c250 says sdhc compatible on it, but i can’t get the 4g disk i bought for it to show on either computer.  i didn’t get a cd with the player, but sounds like i shouldn’t need it.  any suggestions?

@ychrome wrote:
my c250 says sdhc compatible on it, but i can’t get the 4g disk i bought for it to show on either computer.  i didn’t get a cd with the player, but sounds like i shouldn’t need it.  any suggestions?

Answered in your other post in the FAQ board.