How to find MTP files in MSC PC?

OK, working with THREE Sansa (2 Clip 2GB and 1 Clip+ 2GB) and 2 PC here.   Desktop PC works great with Sansas set on auto, loads audiobooks from the library preferentially in MTP format.  Laptop PC, however, insists on Sansa being set in MSC mode.  Both PCs have Windows XP SP3 and Media Player 11 with security upgrade.

As I have learned on other threads, the laptop does NOT show the MTP files when the Clips are in MSC mode.  I have not been successful in forcing the laptop to recognize the Clips in MTP or auto even with the firmware upgrade.  This isn’t the end of the world - but I was wondering if there was a way to force the laptop to read MTP.  New Windows software download perhaps?  It would just make life easier to not have to be constantly switching back & forth - and I prefer the MTP folder view.

Any suggestions?   :smiley:

Uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player 11. That may solve the problem.

JK98 wrote:

I’ve also heard of people back-dating to WMP 10 and solving the MTP mode recognition issue. There is also an MTP porting kit download that some have found helpful. I don’t have a like handy, but you should be able to Google and find it.

JK98 wrote:

I’ve also heard of people back-dating to WMP 10 and solving the MTP mode recognition issue. There is also an MTP porting kit download that some have found helpful. I don’t have a link handy, but you should be able to use Google and find it.

Great!  I’ll try the re-install first, then the back-date to 10, then the patch if all else fails.  Thanks! 

Hi, you can try to use www.TextFinding.com which i think is a nice and useful tool to find files on pc. It really helps me a lot.

Yes, i suggest you can try Text Finding, which is a useful tool to find files on pc. It may help you a lot.