How to create playlist for Sansa Fuse on Mac OS X?

Hi,

I just got a Sansa Fuse for my birthday. I have a Macbook with OS X and have been using iTunes with all of my music as MP3. I am able to drag and drop songs into the sansa music folder and they play fine, but have had no luck creating a playlist.

Is there a way I can create a playlist in iTunes to put on my Sansa? Or, if not, is there a way to create a playlist manually from the folder on my hard-drive that contains the MP3s? Or any other Mac compatible programs that would work or other ideas? 

In these forum pages, I did find a script for the Sansa Clip to do playlists in iTunes (here: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=5640), but wasn’t sure if it would work for my Fuse and don’t want to ruin it.

Thanks for any advice!

Throw out the “mac” and get a Windows based PC, that’ll solve the problem.

@rogue wrote:

In these forum pages, I did find a script for the Sansa Clip to do playlists in iTunes (here: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=5640), but wasn’t sure if it would work for my Fuse and don’t want to ruin it.

I don’t know anything about this script specifically, but anything that works for the Clip should work for the Fuze.  They are virtually idenitical in features.  Basically, the Fuse is a Clip + Album Art and Video.  I have both and playlist support is the same on either.

You were right! The Clip script worked on my Fuse. Thanks!

A quick FYI for anyone else that tries this: To get the script to recognize my Sansa Fuse, I had to plug in the Fuse before opening iTunes (I have version 8).

Hi there, I was very happy to find a solution for my Fuze to export an M3U playlist from Itunes. The script seems to work, recognizes my Fuze but…gives me an error when exporting, indicating that the songs are not MP3’s ('track is not mp3 format), although they all are (I import all my music as MP3’s in Itunes or convert them to MP3). Does it have anything to do with version 8 of Itunes?

Anybody?