How much have you used?

Well im bored so I’m just doing a ‘survey’ of how much space have we used of our FUZE.

So lets post like this

Size-XGB

Songs-XXX

GB Free-XGB

so for me its like this

Size-8GB

Songs-206

GB Free-5.5 GB (according to WMP)

All of my songs are MP3 in 256kbps and above  quality

Message Edited by smartinez281 on 01-23-2009 09:44 AM

I have a 2 gig fuze with a 2 gig sd card to I will treat it as 1 unit

Size: 4 gig

Songs: 687, 6 podcasts, 2 videos

Free space: 252 mB

OK, I’ll bite

Internal-4GB

Free-124MB

External-8GB

Free-82MB

Songs-2,152

Bitrates and codecs vary but very few are lower than 160kbps. MP3(some VBR, some CBR), WMA VBR, and Vorbis are all on there. No FLAC currently, because the files are big…although I’m thinking about getting another 8GB card just for the classical FLACs. The Pink Floyd FLACs will stay on MediaMonkey for now(MM plays gapless)

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-23-2009 02:00 PM

Size - 4GB (internal), 8GB (microSD)

Songs - 1574

GB Free -  24MB (internal), 5358MB (microSD)

A variety of bitrates, mostly MP3 with a few WMAs thrown in for good measure.

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 01-23-2009 12:20 PM

Size-4gb internal

Size-?gb card (varies, I have a few cards, currently in there is my podcast etc., card - 4gb)

Songs- 750, [internal]

Podcasts - 103 [just updated and haven’t deleted any yet] [card]

Audiobooks - 1  [11 chapters in one book] [card]

Photos - 29 [internal]

Videos - 0

GB Free-  303 MB internal

GB Free-  2675 MB card

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 01-23-2009 11:54 AM

Size-4GB

Used-1.7 GB

Remaining-2.3 GB

I have about 400 songs I guess. 

Size 4gb

Memory 3888 mb

Free 1044 mb

Songs 284

My Fuze is only a few days old - and I’m waiting for my 8 Gig card to come in the mail

I am liking this thread, 

4gb internal

4gb micro

8gb total

670 songs…all on external

4 podcasts, audio…on internal

4 video podcasts…internal

8 full length movies and also internal

internal has 124mb left

external has 112mb left

Size - 4G (internal) 8G (external)

Songs - 2057

Free - 174Mb (internal)  789 (external)

All music  is in the Ogg-Vorbis format most of them converted from 192kb mp3’s, some were directly ripped form CD’s. I do have the 4 podcasts in MP3 format though, I could not be bothered converting them. I do not have any videos.

Size: 8 GB internal, 8 GB external

Free: 44 MB internal, 400 MB external

Songs: 2834 (mostly jazz)

Size-8GB

Songs-1060

GB Free-1.5gb

8 videos 

all audio is 160kbps

Size:4gb

Songs:192

Videos:10

Free:2579gb

@hazza wrote:

Size - 4G (internal) 8G (external)

Songs - 2057

Free - 174Mb (internal)  789 (external)

All music  is in the Ogg-Vorbis format most of them converted from 192kb mp3’s, some were directly ripped form CD’s. I do have the 4 podcasts in MP3 format though, I could not be bothered converting them. I do not have any videos.

Why would you convert MP3 to Vorbis? You do know that lossy format to lossy format = more loss, right? It sounds like you know your way around a computer pretty well, so I am quite curious as to your reasoning behind this.

Main memory :  7806MB

Free:  432MB

SDHC Card:  7771MB

Free:  27MB

Songs: 3110

I’ve got about a thousand more songs and no room to put 'em on.  Oh well, someday…

Internal: 2 GB, mostly unused.

External: 

Size-8GB

Songs-1040

GB Free-0.069GB

Pretty much all MP3 @ 192 Kbps, mostly classical (so songs is not the best term).

More stuff on Banshee, next step is to write a Python script to collect just the music that isn’t on my iPod.  Then I’ll get interested in transferring the rest of the CDs.

@marvin_martian wrote:

Why would you convert MP3 to Vorbis? You do know that lossy format to lossy format = more loss, right? It sounds like you know your way around a computer pretty well, so I am quite curious as to your reasoning behind this. 

I do it because I don’t like the way the mp3 a*se bandits went about waiting until it was just about a univresal format before demanding licence fees.

Ogg-Vorbis is licenced in such a way that they can’t all of a sudden start charging a licence fee.

Yes I am aware that transcoding reduces the quailty but it is barely noticeable, that I can live with, being a puppet of turd smugglers I can not.

Read for yourself how much these the puke masters charge:

http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/software.html

@hazza wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I do it because I don’t like the way the mp3 a*se bandits went about waiting until it was just about a univresal format before demanding licence fees.

Ogg-Vorbis is licenced in such a way that they can’t all of a sudden start charging a licence fee.

Yes I am aware that transcoding reduces the quailty but it is barely noticeable, that I can live with, being a puppet of turd smugglers I can not.

Read for yourself how much these the puke masters charge:

http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/software.html

So if I understand correctly, even though you can get the LAME encoder free, all the device manufacturers must pay? If that is the case, then that does ■■■■. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

So if I understand correctly, even though you can get the LAME encoder free, all the device manufacturers must pay? If that is the case, then that does ■■■■. 

Yes you can get LAME free but only because it is hosted on a server in a contry that has successfully challeneged and won the licencing issue in court, France I think. In the US “we use the patent office to screw people over, then we use the DCMA to REALLY screw them over” of A companies can really be hit hard.

It’s why you do not see ANY mp3 related stuff enabled in Redhat. It is possible to add mp3 capability but that’s on YOUR head not Redhat’s.

8GB internal: 7806MB, 57MB free

8GB card: 7782MB, 391MB free

Songs: 2715

Podcasts: 1

Photos: 13

Videos: 5

@marvin_martian wrote:

Why would you convert MP3 to Vorbis? You do know that lossy format to lossy format = more loss, right?

I do it because I have some music that was purchased in MP3, but Vorbis is a better codec so I can get fairly equal sound for less space (using a lower bitrate, of course).  I used to hand out the same advice about never transcoding, but after hearing several transcodes I realized that it just wasn’t really noticeable. These codecs aren’t just doing random compression, they’re compressing based on what is most likely going to be audible…and much of that will likely be the same with different codecs.