How much does a non-playing Fuze drain battery?

Say I want to leave my Fuze paused with a 120-min Power Saver setting, without backlight (black screen). Will it drain more battery, than when it would turn itself off with a Power Saver set to 5 minutes and I would check it after those 120 minutes?

I’d say yes, but not much.

I’d ask why, but:

a.) It’s none of my business.

b.) I probably wouldn’t want to know.

c.) It’s something only you would understand, otherwise you would’ve explained why in the 1st place.

d.) All of the above.

I did this for my mom, disabled the Power Saver. The Fuze is plugged into a custom dock, so to turn it on would’ve meant pulling it out of the dock, get the fingernail in to access the power slider, then putting it back into the dock.

Doesn’t sound like much, but compare to just pressing the Play/Pause, it’s a much bigger hassle, especially for older people who don’t care much for tech toys in the first place. Yep, usability counts for a lot.

Anyway, I’d say the same, that being on standby does use up juice, but not much. Never tried to quantify it.

Hi tapeworm,

it is out of pure curiosity. For instance if I sometimes have to stop the playback for say 30 mins or so and want to return to it after that, it would be quicker to just leave it on standby (with the blackened display) than to turn it off (and then wait 10 sec for it to come alive again).

So I was wondering about that… (not that it is a case of life and death :wink:

Leaving it in standby does take extra power, but not that much. The big power consumer is the screen time, and especially screen brightness. I tried my Fuze with the display on maximum and on all the time, and I think it depleted a full charge in under 3 hours. At medium brightness with the screen on all the time it might get 5 hours. I  say set the idle shut off time to 30 or 40 minutes if you find it convenient.

I’ve always set my Sansas to shut down after 5 minutes of being paused.

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Same here. I can afford to wait the 5 secs. for it to start up again if I forget it.

Tapeworm wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Same here. I can afford to wait the 5 secs. for it to start up again if I forget it.

They say great minds think alike…:wink:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

They say great minds think alike…:wink:

I’d be the one on the right.

You mean bottom

Message Edited by linkinpark0313 on 03-23-2010 06:46 PM