How much do 8 gb micro sd cards usually go for?

I got an 8 gb for $15 on amazon, I’m wondering if this is too good of a deal (the card could be fake), or if that is normal…

It looks par for the course.  One thing that drives the price higher is if you need an SDHC USB reader with it.

@twolves21 wrote:
I got an 8 gb for $15 on amazon, I’m wondering if this is too good of a deal (the card could be fake), or if that is normal…

That’s the source I use, and they have all been authentic.  I get nothing but Sandisk cards and each has performed well.  The ones I get are “bulk stock”, which simply means they don’t have the retail packaging included, which helps keeps the price low.  Caveat Emptor, however… Since Amazon doesn’t sell cards directly, you are at the mercy of the “merchant partner” that you deal with.  Performance of these merchants varies widely.  Some are great, some are very, very bad.  Take the time to read some of the customer feedback of the merchant before you deal with them, and if you have any bad experiences; report them immediately to Amazon customer support.

The good news is that Amazon will absolutely not tolerate shoddy service.  I personally have helped getting rid of at least 5 of these “suspect” merchants.

^ Well, It’s from Digital Media Source, which has very good reviews (95% positive)

Have any of you guys ordered from them?, How’d that go?

and BTW, propz to fuze_owner-GB for getting rid of unreliable merchants

@twolves21 wrote:

^ Well, It’s from Digital Media Source, which has very good reviews (95% positive)

I have a 16GB that I ordered from Amazon/Digital Media Source, and have no problems.  It appears to be genuine, and was in the retail package.

@twolves21 wrote:

Thanks and DMS are a very good company.  That’s who I usually order from.  Never a problem and always prompt delivery.