hey, fellas, happy new year!
to make things short, i bought 2 sansa clip+ players: black and white ones. black is dead. white is in a coma – semi-borked – that i wish to breathe life into!
how i borked blacky:
- blacky is my backup player
- lent it to a friend
- friend semi-borked it: device turned on but showed failed dircache something -2 when in rockbox firmware
- put on my geek coat and tried to fix things by booting to original firmware, uninstalling rockbox, updating to 01.02.16 firmware
- IT WORKED!!!
- saw 01.02.18 firmware, updated to 01.02.18 firmware, installed rockbox
- blacky was buggy
- decided to uninstall rockbox, updated (or downgraded, whichever you prefer) to 01.02.16 firmware
- things… went… south…
- IT DIDN’T BOOT UP!!!
- tried to reset – nope still dead
- connected to pc, pc can’t detect player
- reset player multiple times – still nope
- connected to pc after letting it rest for a few minutes, PC DETECTED IT!!! as unknown device, “want to format this junk?” “heck yeah i would”
- pc formated blacky, now, blacky’s new name is m2000plus or something
- HOW DARE YOU GIVE MY JUNK A NEW NAME!!!@@@
- apparently, that erased the sansa firmware, which completely rendered blacky useless now – according to google search
- rip blacky
how i semi-borked whitey:
- used it for a couple months
- stopped turning on, one day
- thought it died
- turned it on after a couple months – nope
- connected to pc, IT WAS READ BY MY PC, IT TURNED ON!!!
- one problem, there’s like lines on the screen, it’s very noticeable when scrolling, and screen is a little dimmer, see pic for details:
can i revive these players without going to a technician? i bought them online knowing none of the stores here carries them. so, going to a technician only semi-crossed my mind. thanks.