how does rhapsody work?

It doesn’t make sense. You can download to one “unit” but then can’t you transfer the file to all the units? Or does the file contain some kind of code that only lets it play on one device?

What if one device breaks, can you transfer to a differant device?

@mcostas wrote:

It doesn’t make sense. You can download to one “unit” but then can’t you transfer the file to all the units? Or does the file contain some kind of code that only lets it play on one device?

What if one device breaks, can you transfer to a differant device?

I haven’t used their service for awhile, but when I was a subscriber you could have 3 (I believe) devices active with the service.  Also, If one (or more) device fails or is replaced, you can remove the device from active service.  It’s a pretty cool way (Rhapsody, that is) to discover new music.

And you can actually download the music? I already have a free pandora account that I like very much.

I just can’t believe I spent so much money on something I could get next to nothing?!??

Rhapsody is like a rental program.  You can download the music, but will only play on your PC and portable device as long as your subscription is active.  It’s ideal for those who listen to a wide variety of music and don’t necessary want to own a hard copy of their music.  Periodically (about once a month) you have to sync your device with the service to keep your downloaded tracks (or albums) active.

I used it as a discovery tool… to find music that I wouldn’t ordinary purchase unless I heard it first.  Then the albums that I really liked, I could purchase a CD or digital copy.

Some people just use the service and have no interest in owning any of the music permanently.  Napster also has a similar service.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 04-30-2010 10:25 AM

I’m glad I asked, that’s not what I was lead to believe! I already do that through pandora. Discover stuff I mean.

@mcostas wrote:
I’m glad I asked, that’s not what I was lead to believe! I already do that through pandora. Discover stuff I mean.

You can also purchase CDs in MP3 there as well, but it’s not their strong suit.  Places like Amazon do that better.