How do you transfer playlists from Rhythmbox to Fuze? Ubuntu user.

Thanks to this site, I can now download music from Rhythmbox to Fuze 4gb. I can also create playlists on Rhythmbox. Can someone let me know how I can transfer these playlists to the Fuze? I use Ubuntu 8.10 and I’m on msc mode.

Message Edited by mariarhi on 01-11-2009 07:04 PM

hmmm… maybe the search function of this board is broken… 1 sec I will check… searches for linux playlist … nope nope… it works fine, my thread THAT IS STILL on the front page is the first hit.

Dont take Hazza too seriously… he is being sarcastic. That being said Do a search and you will find tons of help for your issue.

@conversionbox wrote:
Dont take Hazza too seriously… he is being sarcastic. That being said Do a search and you will find tons of help for your issue.

…garrk… he got me… actually that’s good advice… both points :slight_smile:

Hazza, sorry and thanks for the timely correction. I thought I did, but I probably didn’t do enough. I also got online and found a bunch of rather scary instructions. Actually, your “if anyone knows an better easier way then PLEASE let me know,” followed by no response from anyone else stopped me in my tracks. Anyhow, I’ll do a more careful search under linux playlist as you suggest  :smiley:

Message Edited by mariarhi on 01-12-2009 04:44 AM

@mariarhi wrote:
Hazza, sorry and thanks for the timely correction. I thought I did, but I probably didn’t do enough. I also got online and found a bunch of rather scary instructions. Actually, your “if anyone knows an better easier way then PLEASE let me know,” followed by no response from anyone else stopped me in my tracks. Anyhow, I’ll do a more careful search under linux playlist as you suggest  :smiley:
Message Edited by mariarhi on 01-12-2009 04:44 AM

Couple of suggestions, I did find a slightly better way to maintain playlists, I put in that thread. Not much better but you can read myu opion of playlists in that thread.

I was just poking fun in regards to the search thing, searching is good, always use Google and the search functions of forums first. If you have searched then you should really tell us, it indicates that you have tried. People are more willing to help people that put in a effort instead of sitting with their mouth open waiting for the spoon.

It’s a common problem on every forum, some forums are worse than others, this one is one of the worst I have seen in a LONG LONG time. The amount of threads that are answered with “Change USB mode” and “Hold the slider switch to the ON position to reset the Fuze” would have to be at least 50-60%.

There is an essay written about asking for help in forums and mailing lists, something like “how to ask questions the smart way”, it has a real technical slant to it but it applies to all forums, technical or not. I have not provided a link because I am sure you will find it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice. Meanwhile, I’m trying to figure this out…here I am, a teacher in need of a teacher. Anyhow, I’ll have to wait till the weekend to understand and carry through your instructions. I do wish that things were simpler for Linux. It would be nice to be able to drag the playlists into the machine and be done with them.

@mariarhi wrote:
I do wish that things were simpler for Linux. It would be nice to be able to drag the playlists into the machine and be done with them.

Amen to that, I used to grateful that device makers knew that Linux existed. I honestly don’t know why Rhythmbox and Audacity don’t just save their playlists in the m3u format and get the relative path thing working.

Hazza, I wonder if there’s a player for Linux which will transfer the playlists by drag/drop. Yet another thing for me to research this weekend. The whole Linux experience has been fun, but it takes time to figure all this out!