How do you clean your Fuze?

I need to clean it before putting a plastic protective case on it . It’s filled with finger prints and using cloths only smear the prints around. Could I use a small amount of cleaner on it or something?

I usually use Windex or some other glass cleaner. I use just a   small amount on a paper towel. I turn the player upside down and wipe it from underneath, so no fluid could drip into it. I dry the surface before turning it rightside up. If the wheel feels like it has a bit of resistance, I might rotate the wheel a few times before drying the surface.

@jk98 wrote:

I usually use Windex or some other glass cleaner. I use just a small amount on a paper towel.

A soft cotton cloth (like a baby’s diaper) would work much better, Paper towels are made from wood pulp and will scratch the highly-polished plastic surface. Anyone with eyeglasses that have plastic lenses can attest to this. :wink:

I guess it depends which which paper towels you use and how hard you wipe. The rough industrial ones might be a problem. I use very soft ones and don’t rub hard. I never had a problem with scratching. I guess one could use lens paper or some very soft cloth instead.

My answer is a nice microfiber cloth.

It’s soft and gets rid of the smudges.

@jk98 wrote:

I guess it depends which which paper towels you use and how hard you wipe. The rough industrial ones might be a problem. I use very soft ones and don’t rub hard. I never had a problem with scratching. I guess one could use lens paper or some very soft cloth instead.

No, it’s all of them. Even Kleenex or ‘facial tissues’ will leave behind fine scratches on a highly polished plastic surfaces like eyeglass lenses or the faceplates of SanDisk mp3 players (and I’m sure others as well).

Saxmaster’s suggestion of a microfiber cloth is an excellent one. If fact, the shop that installed the new convertible top in my car a couple years ago gave me one specifically to clean the plastic rear window.

@jk98 wrote:

Actually, it’s all of them. Even Kleenex or ‘facial tissues’ will leave behind fine scratches on highly polished plastic surfaces like eyeglass lenses or the faceplates of SanDisk mp3 players (and I’m sure others as well).

Saxmaster’s suggestion of a microfiber cloth is an excellent one. If fact, the shop that installed the new convertible top in my car a couple years ago gave me one specifically to clean the plastic rear window.

A microfiber cloth is a good way to clean the screen.  My pack of screen protectors came with a piece of cloth to clean the screen, although it feels more like cheap polyester than micofiber. lol

Years ago, I did some torture testing with Oakley sunglasses, so I have their handy microfiber bags as cleaning cloths.  Oakley should market those little guys separately, I love them.

With the various lens shapes, either cycling or chasing smoke, I always had a lens bag handy.

I’ll browse around a bit to see if there’s a source for them.  Always, when using a liquid cleaner, apply the cleaner spray to the cloth first, then gently rub the device.  It doesn’t take very much polish to make a beautiful Sansa.

If fingerprints drive you nuts, try applying a little dab of wax to the face of the Sansa.  You have to be careful, as when the wax dries, that white film is a real pain to clean from the gaps- but fingerprints are much easier to remove.  Novus, 210, or Meguiar’s plastic polish work very well.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: