How do U turn radio OFF-Please Help

There is nothing in the manual.  I’ve searched through this forum and can’t find anything.  I would appreciate help with this.

There really is no OFF switch. But you can press the UP button; this will PAUSE it (essentially the same as MUTE).

Alternatively, you can switch back to your memory-stored music library on the player, start 1 song, then PAUSE that too.

With no moving parts, there is no need for OFF buttons or switches any more.

I am concerned that the radio does not have an off setting.  Is the default setting for the radio on or off?

Wouldn’t an always on radio use battery power?

Doesnt’ a radio have a receiver with an UUID that is visible and can be geolocated?  Geostalking via radio UUID.

You can always simply switch to Music (playing your mp3 files). That would shut off the FM Radio.

@freebirds wrote:

I am concerned that the radio does not have an off setting.  Is the default setting for the radio on or off?

Doesnt’ a radio have a receiver with an UUID that is visible and can be geolocated?  Geostalking via radio UUID.

Well, when the player is set to Music or a non-FM radio selection, I presume that the radio is off.  When set to the FM radio selection but with the radio “paused,” I also assume that it is off but I can’t swear to that, as I then turn my player off if I’m not using it for an extended period (why keepl the player on, with the FM radio paused, consuming even a small amount of power?).

My assumption also is that the player/radio cannot be geolocated.  I’m not an engineer, but wouldn’t that add to the cost of the engineering, and thus be avoided unless really wanted for sales purposes?  My last assumption is that if the player could be geolocated, the many tech. types who have purchased and broken the player down would have said something about this–no one has.

But if you want to pursue this further, you might turn to the tech. types at the rockbox.org website and ask your question in the forum there–and then be sure to post the response here, please!   :slight_smile:

freebirds wrote:

Well, when the player is set to Music or a non-FM radio selection, I presume that the radio is off.  When set to the FM radio selection but with the radio “paused,” I also assume that it is off but I can’t swear to that, as I then turn my player off if I’m not using it for an extended period (why keepl the player on, with the FM radio paused, consuming even a small amount of power?).

My assumption also is that the player/radio cannot be geolocated.  I’m not an engineer, but wouldn’t that add to the cost of the engineering, and thus be avoided unless really wanted for sales purposes?  My last assumption is that if the player could be geolocated, the many tech. types who have purchased and broken the player down would have said something about this–no one has.

But if you want to pursue this further, you might turn to the tech. types at the rockbox.org website and ask your question in the forum there–and then be sure to post the response here, please!