How do i remove all fuze info from WMP?

Hi,

I recently synced my fuze to WMP and ripped some CDs. But now when i plug my fuze in all i see when browsing the content are the cds that i ripped and not the music files that are also on there (that werent ripped, just mp3 folders). I went to "end sync partnership"a box came up and i clicked “yes”. But when i plug it in again all i can see is the cds that i just ripped again. How do i remove all traces of my fuze from the computer? i have run out of ideas.

thanks in advance, hope you can help and that i have explained myself properly

can no one help me?

Where are you looking on the Fuze? Are you looking at it through windows explorer? What USB mode are you using? 

All this info is essential to know exactly why you can see some files and not others. My guess is that when you use WMP then your fuze is in MTP but when you didnt use WMP it was in MSC. These are the Different USB modes.

I cant help you with removing the info from WMP but Im guessing you wouldnt care if you could just see all your files. 

Hi, thankyou for your response. Yes i am looking through windows explorer. And the USB mode is auto detect. I am not sure what MTP or MSC mean?

but you are right, i wouldnt care if i could see all the files at once.

I dunno what MTP or MSC means either… but peeps told me I should use MSC… oh yah somebody told me MTP is Medieval Torture Protocol. Could be true…

Huge wrote:

Hi, thankyou for your response. Yes i am looking through windows explorer. And the USB mode is auto detect. I am not sure what MTP or MSC mean?

but you are right, i wouldnt care if i could see all the files at once.

The problem is that when you use Auto detect mode the computer chooses which USB mode to connect to the computer in. So If your using WMP it uses MTP mode, but if your useing drag and drop it will use MSC mode, and when you connect to your computer you can only see what was added in the mode you are connected in. So if you connect in MSC you cannot see what was added in MTP. If you are going to be adding a lot of files with WMP I would suggest setting it on MTP there and leaving it (you can use drag and drop in MTP too).

To make sure you can see everything you could format your player then go to Settings>System Settings>USB Mode>MTP>Press Center Button, then reload the player.  

Thank you very much, i get it now. all my music has been drag and drop up untill 1 album ago so i was very confused. thanks again!!