How do I get Clip + to not join two folders together?

I have a Presley,Elvis folder and a Presley,Elvis-Live folder as separate folders in MyMusic.  When I copy to my Clip +, they get merged into one file.  How can I keep them as separate?  (I have the same problem with other artists where I also have a “live” folder.)

Forgot to say I am in MSC mode.  And, I use the copy folders method to load Clip +.

Message Edited by notalk on 06-13-2010 08:08 PM

Everything the Clip+ does is tags based.

If you want different folders, you need different artist names in the ID3 tags. Use Mp3Tag or similar to edit the ID3 tags in your tunes.

Or just use the Folders entry at the bottom of the Music menu, and browse the folders directly.

I’ll post the answer to my question, so someone else might find it if they search.  The Sansa does not read the entire folder name.  It lumped Presley,Elvis-Live with Presley,Elvis-No.1 because it only read “Presley,Elvis” and put everything into the Presley,Elvis-Live folder (because Live precedes No.1 alphabetically).  No, the Presley,Elvis-No.1 folder name did exist at all in the tree.

The solution was to create a Presley,Elvis folder, then two subfolders; a Live and a No.1 subfolder.  Then, all songs were where I expected them.

7o9, all songs are properly tagged.  So, apparently, the tagging has nothing to do with reading folder names.

Message Edited by notalk on 06-27-2010 10:13 AM

Thanks for posting your solution–as you saw, the Clip can be somewhat idiosyncratic at times (like its owners, I guess …).

notalk wrote:

I’ll post the answer to my question, so someone else might find it if they search.  The Sansa does not read the entire folder name.  It lumped Presley,Elvis-Live with Presley,Elvis-No.1 because it only read “Presley,Elvis” and put everything into the Presley,Elvis-Live folder (because Live precedes No.1 alphabetically).  No, the Presley,Elvis-No.1 folder name did exist at all in the tree.

The solution was to create a Presley,Elvis folder, then two subfolders; a Live and a No.1 subfolder.  Then, all songs were where I expected them.

7o9, all songs are properly tagged.  So, apparently, the tagging has nothing to do with reading folder names.

Message Edited by notalk on 06-27-2010 10:13 AM

And indeed, notalk, this solution has in fact assisted others–thanks for the post, again (in case you’re still around)!