How do I export the GoList?

How do I export the GoList from the device into a m3u playlist or similar? 

I don’t have time to create playlists so I like to chuck a few Gigabytes of music on to my Clip+, set it on random play and then add to Go-List the tracks I like. Every few months I want to export the tracks in the Go-List and create a CD compilation of them or just have them around as playlists , eg. March 2011, Summer 2011 etc.

I have searched this forum but couldn’t find anything, there was nothing in the manual either. I use the Clip+ as a USB storage device and drag&drop my music. I gather that in MTP mode or whatever it is, I can use Windows MP11 and sync playlists to the device but can I export the Go-List with that method? I use Ubuntu Linux in the main but have access to Windows XP and MP11.

I tried copying all the system files from the device to the PC and hexdumped them all to see if I could write a program to extract them. I saw nothing promising. The file MTABLE.SYS (or something like that) seemed to have the music database in there. Is that what I should be looking at? Anyone done anything like this or know which file the Go-List is kept in? I could write a little bit of Perl to extract the info I need if I have the source data and format.

Thanks!

Short and sweet?

You can’t.

Thanks for your reply but I’m not going to give up that easily :slight_smile:

Some progress towards my goal:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28774

I’ll contact the guy who responded to see if he got anywhere with the format. 

If there are any official Sandisk engineers lurking, please help me out!

Thanks!

Perhaps an official SanDisk engineer will pop in between his or her various pubs in the daily pub run. :wink:

@imran_uk wrote:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28774

Good luck with that. He never posted back as he said he would if he found a way, and hasn’t even logged in in 2 years.

@imran_uk wrote:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.ph​p?t=28774

Good luck with that. He never posted back as he said he would if he found a way, and hasn’t even logged in over there in 2 years.

If I recall correctly, the GoList is ‘hidden’ behind a firmware partition (like the firmware & operating files), so that people cannot do what you are trying to do. You might be able to crack it using Linux, I don’t know.

This is so easy! I’m gonna do this now!

Might I suggest you go play in the freeway at 5 PM in the commute direction?

@bobbyray143 wrote:

This is so easy! I’m gonna do this now!

Thank you ! I’m sure everyone here will appreciate that.