How do I contact Sandisk for warranty support on my Fuze e280 recertified unit?

How do I contact Sandisk for warranty support on my Fuze e280 recertified unit? It came without a manual or other such info…

Usually SanDisk does not support (warranty-wise) re-furbed, re-built, re-conditioned, re-certified, re-whatever products; only NEW units. Unless the dealer you bought it from has some special arrangement with them (which is possible, but not probable). I would check with them first and verify who is to provide this, the exact terms of the warranty (if any) and how long that period is for.

If you bought it form an on-line dealer, then it’s simply a matter of looking at the detailed description page of the unit and/or following a link regarding warranty, service, or something like that.

If in fact, SanDisk is the responsible party, then you can click on the SanDisk logo in the upper left-hand corner of any page here on the forum and selecting Support.

I recently bought a refurbished m250 from buy.com.  Warranty service was through the seller (contact details were shown with the product description).  Refurb’ed units often lack all but the most essential parts–no software, no manual, no box.

@ecy wrote:
How do I contact Sandisk for warranty support on my Fuze e280 recertified unit? It came without a manual or other such info…

Here’s a question…is it a Fuze or an e280?:wink:

Well, it was listed as an 8GB Fuze on Buy.com.  It says model e280 on the back.  It came with no literature, and the manual I downloaded doesn’t quite match the controls on the unit.

I would like to know more about it; it worked great until it stopped, and I think it will be repaired or exchanged on warranty.

By the way, my apologies to Buy.com.  The email they sent me had the email address for the warranty service (extremeupgrades.com)  I just didn’t read all the words the first time…

Regards, ecy

@ecy wrote:

Well, it was listed as an 8GB Fuze on Buy.com.  It says model e280 on the back.  It came with no literature, and the manual I downloaded doesn’t quite match the controls on the unit.

I would like to know more about it; it worked great until it stopped, and I think it will be repaired or exchanged on warranty.

By the way, my apologies to Buy.com.  The email they sent me had the email address for the warranty service (extremeupgrades.com)  I just didn’t read all the words the first time…

Regards, ecy

Well, if it said Fuze on the site, and e280 on the back, that would expain the controls not quite matching. Sounds like you intended to buy a Fuze and actually got a refurb e280. The Fuze is like the next evolution/generation of what the e280 was. Don’t get me wrong, lots of people still love theier e-series, but it sounds like perhaps they misled you. I hope you can get it fixed, at least, if not actually get a Fuze instead:smiley:

I think what happened was that I searched for Fuze and it returned several things including the e280.  I don’t think there was an attempt to mislead. 

Do you know where to download a manual for the e280?  You’ve already cleared up the model confusion; thanks…

Yes indeed, but first, jump to the e200 forum.  Then, look at the various “sticky” posts at the top, for the Sansa e200 General Information post.  The User Guide is there!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

That’s great; thanks.  Now I’m on the right track, finally!  I’m going there now!

I called SanDisk at 866-726-3475.  They gave me a case# and took me through the steps to recover and format the e280.  They did not ask for any purchase information.  After following their instructions, the e280 worked as new. 

Thanks,
E C Yarter

Maybe if you had said in your original post what your problem was, rather than just asking how to contact SanDisk for warranty support, someone here could’ve helped you with it. :wink:

After reading more posts and solutions on this forum, I know someone would have given me the answer!

Anyway, thanks!

ecy