How delicate is Sansa Clip circuitry?

Hello:

I am still hesitant about buying a Clip as the smaller the player the more delicate the internal circuitry is.

I have had similar mp3 players and in the past the headphones jack doesn’t last very long. I usually use several headphones (one for home, 1 for the gym, 1 for the car, etc.) and these small player’s audio jack circuitry is very delicate.

In a period of 2 years the audio jack circuitry had to be fixed 5 times.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

Thanks

@robertin75 wrote:

Hello:

I am still hesitant about buying a Clip as the smaller the player the more delicate the internal circuitry is.

I have had similar mp3 players and in the past the headphones jack doesn’t last very long. I usually use several headphones (one for home, 1 for the gym, 1 for the car, etc.) and these small player’s audio jack circuitry is very delicate.

In a period of 2 years the audio jack circuitry had to be fixed 5 times.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

Thanks

For me, my 2 8GB clips have been very robust.  My wife and I use them as our “on-the-go” players and take them virtually everywhere we go.  Granted, we haven’t tried in abusing the units but after several months of demanding daily use, they are both working in flawless condition.

I’d guess that most all players these days, the jack is attached just by being soldered to the board, and isn’t screwed to anything.

The common causes of jack problems are things like standing or walking away while wearing the ear phones (so the player gets jerked up by the cord) or dropping the player so it lands on the earphone plug.   The advantage  of the clip is it’s so light that those mishaps don’t put a lot of force on the jack.