How can I delete everything?

I have tried to go into my compputer and then the drive the device is in but it shows no files. Yet when I unplug it, it has a TON of music and pics I don’t want. Accidentally synched everything on friend’s computer

The easiest way would just be to format it. Settings->System Settings->Format.

You’re probably in the other USB mode (MSC or MTP) from what everything from your friend’s computer got put on in. You have to be in the same mode to see the files. But has bdb has already suggested, the quickest and easiest way is to format the device which will give you a clean slate from which to start over. :smiley:

You’re probably in the other USB mode (MSC or MTP) from what everything from your friend’s computer got put on in. You have to be in the same mode to see the files. But has bdb has already suggested, the quickest and easiest way is to format the device which will give you a clean slate from which to start over. :smiley:

To delete everything just go on system settings>Format>yes.

This will COMPLETELY DELTE EVERYRTHING on your Sansa. 

An important safety tip:

When plugging in to a different computer, and using Windows Media Player, a mask will pop up asking if you’d like to set up the player to work with WiMP.  If you are only going to transfer, say a podcast file, or if you’re using the PC to rip a CD you just picked up, you can do this manually.

Click on cancel when that initial mask comes up, and use WiMP manually, by dragging and dropping to the Sync List.

WiMP sees that the device does not have a wmpinfo file that matches the computer, or the device ID is a new one it hasn’t seen, so you’ll get the message.

Otherwise, it will try and “sync the world”.

Bob  :wink: