How about a Clip+ bundle?

While this might anger some high priced retailers who price memory cards very high, how about bundling a 16 GB micro SDHC card with an 8GB Clip+, so some aggressive discounters could sell this for $99? This would probably drive huge sales volumes. I see that on Amazon the Sandisk class 2  16 GB micro SDHC card sells for around $41.

@jk98 wrote:

While this might anger some high priced retailers who price memory cards very high, how about bundling a 16 GB micro SDHC card with an 8GB Clip+, so some aggressive discounters could sell this for $99? This would probably drive huge sales volumes. I see that on Amazon the Sandisk class 2  16 GB micro SDHC card sells for around $41.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this with a 4GB model, although if they did it with the 8GB model that would really be nice.

Some other manufacturers make some nice 16 GB players that sell for around $100-130 in stores. It would be nice if Sandisk offered  bundles with an 8 GB Clip+ and a 16 GB micro SDHC card, or an 8 GB Fuze and a 16 GB card. Why bundles? Many retailers either don’t sell 16 GB micro SDHC cards, or else they have them priced at ridiculously high prices. Having bundles with a $125 MSRP, and some retailers discounting them to perhaps as low as $99 would probably drive large sales volumes. It would enable Sandisk to gain plenty of market share from those consumers who want a player with at least 16 GB.