High CPU usage on one core.

The External drives is marked as Removable by Windows.

Hers is a picture.

removable

Same here. And the external drive shows up in the “Safely remove hardware and eject media” menu.

just out of couriosity does the same issue occur if you change the setting to “better performance” this will enable write caching on the drive so after it is enabled make sure to use safely eject before disconnecting the drive. make sure and reboot the PC after changing the setting so it will take effect. if it does not change the issue feel free to set it back to “quick removal” 

I’ll test that setting tonight drlucky.

All,

We have identified a possible fix for this issue. 

1. Open Registry editor and make a backup of your current registry settings. 

2. Download the registry file linked here

3. Unzip the registry file and double click it to merge it with your registry

4. Reboot the PC

5. Test the scenario that causes high CPU usage

Post back here and let us know if this resolves the issue. If it does we can incorporate the fix into the next release. If the issue is not resolved you can merge the backup of the registry we created in step 1 to reverse the changes made by the registry file above. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks! I’ll give it a try. What operation does it delay (or practically disable)? Will that reduce the performance gain?

Your performance gain should not be affected.

Ok I’ve had the registry patch going for a full day now. No CPU usage spikes as of yet! :slight_smile:

Will continue to test and monitor usage over the weekend.

Looking good Sandisk. :heart:

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

Tested over the weekend and all is well, no more CPU usage spikes.

So glad that after many months of ownership my Sandisk ReadyCache drive is living up to it’s name.