Hi

I hope someone can help me with my problem.Less than a month ago I bought a 2G Express,I then added a sandisk 1G micro.Everything was fine when suddenly the device stopped functioning.When I turn it on the ‘building database’ wording appears,and also,to the left side of the device,the little image that tells you how charged your battery is;it’s not even supposed to go on that side of the device and it doesn’t even appear completely,only halfway.After that the device shuts down,and pretty much that’s it,every time is the smae thing.I’ve spend quite some time reading about issues here and I have tried basically all of them to try to solve my problem.I was hoping someone knows how to fix this or what’s all this about from personal experience.Thanks in advance for your comments.

Does your player work ok if you take the 1gB card out?

It’s the same thing with or without the card,unfortunately.

First, remove the micro SD card and try resetting you player. Press the “Select” and “Volume Up” button simultaneuously.  Then try to turn your player on.

If that doesn’t work, check if you can return or exchange you player from the store you bought it. Most stores will allow an exchange or return within 30 days of purchase.

If you are not able to return/exchange your player, then try re-loading your firmware. Follow the instructions in the attached link.  You will lose all you music that is on the internal memory, hopefully you have it all backed-up on your computer.

Good luck, 

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1143