Help!

I was trying to remove the Rockbox bootloader by updating with the lastest Sansa Firmware and now my device is displaying the message “File not found”, and then “Plug USB cable”.  I’ve dragged the Firmware file back in to the root directory, but still no luck. Can anyone help? 

If you’ve downloaded and extracted the firmware .zip file and you’re positive you have the correct firmware for your particular player, but the firmware is not installing itself, you have to remember you have shut if off after unplugging it from your computer. Then to boot into the OF by holding the REW |<< button while pressing the power button in start-up. This way the firmware installer will take over and self-install. It won’t if you boot into Rockbox by pressing only the power button as you normally do. :wink:

A good place for Rockbox advice is at the rockbox.org forums, or at the Clip/Rockbox thread at anythingbutipod.com.

I figured out the holding the REW |<< button while pressing the power button bit myself in the end. Thanks for replying though.