Help with m240 and Vista

Hi!  I have really tried to read over everything and solve the problem myself, but nothing is working.

We used to have Windows XP and I have many songs on my m240 downloaded using that OS.  We now have Vista and everything is up to date.  The old songs are on the m240, but Vista does not recognize them.  I’ve tried switching the m240 between MTP and MSC and nothing.  I can add new songs no problem, and Vista recognizes them, no problem.   I really need the songs out of the m240 and onto the computer as I bought them and hadn’t burned them to a disk before my old computer crashed.  HELP!!!  (and thanks!!!)

Did you try to unhide the folders in your vista system?Follow the procedures below and try to see if you can view the song;

Seeing your hidden files and system files in Vista is not much different than in XP. Here are the step-by-step directions. Remember that system files are hidden for a reason. Don’t go messin’ around with stuff.

1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner
  2. Click Control Panel
  3. Click Folder Options
  4. Click the View tab
  5. Click Show hidden files and folders
  6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  7. Click OK

Hope this works. :wink: