HELP - poor sound quality with converted files

I have a fuze.  MP3 files I have on my PC play great on the fuse.  However, I’m having sound quality problems with ripped CD’s.  Using WMP V11.  Ripping to MP3 format on my PC, then syncing to the fuze. Resulting sound quality of the music is real bad.  HELP 

@karadad wrote:
I have a fuze.  MP3 files I have on my PC play great on the fuse.  However, I’m having sound quality problems with ripped CD’s.  Using WMP V11.  Ripping to MP3 format on my PC, then syncing to the fuze. Resulting sound quality of the music is real bad.  HELP 

The MP3 encoder installed on WMP11 ■■■■■, quite frankly. That might be why your rips don’t sound very good. You might want to try a different ripping program if you want to use the MP3 format, something with the LAME encoder.CDex, EAC(Exact Audio Copy), foobar2000, MediaMonkey can all be configured with LAME.

If all that sounds like a big pain in the butt, you could use the WMA VBR encoder on WMP11. Just make sure the copy protection scheme is disabled. The 85-145kbps VBR setting sounds ok and saves a lot of space, and the 135-215 kbps setting sounds very good and still is halfway decent space-wise. Good luck!:smiley:

If you must use Windows Media Player, check your quality settings. Right-click on Rip/Tools/Options/Rip Music. Under format, choose mp3 and then slide the Audio Quality slider toward Best Quality, about 3/4 of the way to the right (192-256 kbps).

Your Windows Media Player may be using very low-quality settings.