Help please

My mp3 Sansa Fuze (8GB) says’ corrupted FAT. Please connect device to pc and recover FAT. I connect this after noon to load and it kept saying I want when its open. What do I do to fix it? I need help.

On the Fuze select MSC mode (Settings->Sytem Settings-USB Mode).

Take out any microSD card.

Connect it to your PC.

It should show up as a removeble drive under My Computer. Right click the Fuze icon, choose Properties->Tools->Check Now. Check the ‘Automatically Fix…’ option, and click Start.

And I do how to MSC mode?

@daytona955 wrote:

Connect it to your PC.

It should show up as a removeble drive under My Computer. Right click the Fuze icon, choose Properties->Tools->Check Now. Check the ‘Automatically Fix…’ option, and click Start.

@gwk1967 wrote:

@daytona955 wrote:

Connect it to your PC.

Or, slide the power switch on the side down to the LOCKED position. Now hold the REW ( |<< ) button down and at the same time plug the cable into the bottom of the Fuze (already connected to your computer). This should force an MSC connection with your computer regardless of the USB mode selected on the device itself.

Ah, sorry. I overlooked the fact that he probably couldn’t get to the menu to change the mode.

Tapeworn  

I try what you told me and did not walk well it detects a removable disk there as anything in it. It detects my sd card but not my mp3, as if my sansa acting as a card reader.

Please confirm my understanding:  Only one drive letter is added when you connect your Fuze in MSC mode. And that drive letter is the microSD card. Is that correct?

Firstly, have you tried  connecting to a different PC?

Secondly, have you got any network drives mapped on your PC? Sometimes they can get in the way of USB HDDs, so that although Windows recognises the USB HDD, it does not allocate a drive letter. You can find out if this has happened using the Disk management clip-in. Do Start->Run, then type diskmgmt.msc and click OK. With the Fuze plugged in, you should see Removable Disk entries for the Fuze & microSD card.

From here you can also check and fix file system errors. Right click on the entry for the Fuze, and choose Properties->Tools-Check Now.

I try it detects only the mini SD card and the verifier disk that the removable disk is healthy.

What does the PC say if you take the microSD card out and connect the Fuze?

Also, does the Fuze user interface work? Can you access the Sytem Settings menu? If so, try formattting the internal memory.