Daughter received View 32GB and has a Mac she followed the help line listed below and now the device does not show up on the Mac or my PC and only has a black screen, what can we do???
Formatting on a Mac computer How do I format my device using a Mac computer?
WARNING: Formatting will erase all data on the device. Back up all your data before proceeding.
NOTE: When using a memory card, it is recommended to reformat the card in the camera instead of formatting it through your computer.
To format a device on your Mac OS X:
1. Double-click on Macintosh HD.
2. Click the Applications folder.
3. Click the Utilities folder.
4. Double-click Disk Utility.
5. On the left side of the window are the drives connected to the computer. Select the capacity of the drive respective to the one containing the device you wish to format then click the Erase tab.
Example: If the drive is called “NO NAME”, directly above that, you should see the drive capacity of “XXXX”. Select this capacity.
6. Verify Volume Format is set to MS-DOS file system , then click Erase.