HEEEEELP ! ! ! windows media center - vista

Everyone says to use Rhapsody.

New version…Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256… It worked with windows vista! ! !

I use Vista and have never had a problem with SMC and Vista playing nice or any other applications. EXCEPT it does shut down the Media Center, but I am flexible and just don’t have open when I use SMC. But Rhapsody works very well (my preference) with videos. There is no audio/video lag.

I was a Vista-phobe, heck…I was an XP-phobe, but I really dig it now.

@cammoy wrote:

I use Vista and have never had a problem with SMC and Vista playing nice or any other applications. EXCEPT it does shut down the Media Center, but I am flexible and just don’t have open when I use SMC.

You must be the lucky one then because no one else was able to make them work together.  Simply having SMC installed causes Media Center to crash.

I must admit I don’t use it on a daily basis, but when I’ve used it only once has it shut down.

I use Media Center daily so it was extremely annoying.  Haven’t had SMC installed since.

sansa released a new version of the SMC yesterday that is suppose to fix this issue. give it a try and let us know if you are still having issues with SMC and media center

It’ll probably be a while since I began using Rhapsody, as many here suggested, to work around this issue.  Don’t need or want SMC at this point.

Have i missed a trick here?   I wasnt aware that Rhapsody allowed you to convert video and pictures to show on a Sansa View.  thought it was music only??

TTC

Okay, I just installed the newest SMC and it does work and play well with Windows Media Center.  Good job, Sansa, but how long did it take you to fix this?

I’ve installed and confirm it works OK with WMC.

I have just converted a 2 hour TV program (overnight).   At some point I got “SMC Has Stopped Working” notification.  I thnk the whole program was converted but I have to report a loss of sync between sound and vision when playing back on my Sansa View. About a 1 second delay - didnt notice that on the last version??

TTC

The video/audio ‘syncing’ issue has been complained about heavily on these boards (particularly the SMC board). Unfortunately, it was the biggest issue that apparantly did not get fixed. Sadly, there’s still gonna be a lot of PO’d people around here until they fix this bug.

From the release notes:

Known Issues:

·   Videos converting in batch sometimes do not play or synchronize to the Sansa Fuze (Work around: Only convert one file at a time)

·   If a USB drive is connected to the PC as well as a Sansa player without a microSD card in it, SMC indicates that the USB drive is a microSD card in the Sana Player (Work around:  Only connect one USB device at a time when using SMC)

·   Video and audio out of sync on certain video files (typically files longer than 30 minutes)

The video/audio ‘syncing’ issue has been complained about heavily on these boards (particularly the SMC board). Unfortunately, it was the biggest issue that apparantly did not get fixed. Sadly, there’s still gonna be a lot of PO’d people around here until they fix this bug.

From the release notes:

Known Issues:

·   Videos converting in batch sometimes do not play or synchronize to the Sansa Fuze (Work around: Only convert one file at a time)

·   If a USB drive is connected to the PC as well as a Sansa player without a microSD card in it, SMC indicates that the USB drive is a microSD card in the Sana Player (Work around:  Only connect one USB device at a time when using SMC)

·   Video and audio out of sync on certain video files (typically files longer than 30 minutes)

Hmm. So that means the View is no use for watching a full length film - one of the reasons for choosing the Sansa brand.

I should have stuck with iPod!

TTC

@taylortwocities wrote:

Hmm. So that means the View is no use for watching a full length film - one of the reasons for choosing the Sansa brand.

TTC

Reposted from what I said on the Sansa Media Converter forum:

"Here’s what I’ve done and it’s worked successfully so far.

I use a program called HandBrake to convert the DVD to MP4 (formated for iPod Low-Rez).  I learned about this app on the iPod forums.  It’s not the fastest program out there but it’s free and works well with both my iPod Nano and my Fuze.

Next, I use Rhapsody to sync the MP4 to the Fuze.  To date, I have had zero audio sync issues with the movies I’ve put on my Fuze.

The only real drawbacks that I’ve seen with are (1) the speed of HandBrake (it’s okay if you’re doing nothing else while converting.  Play WoW at the same time and you’re hosed) and (2) there are no chapter breaks in the movie.  I don’t recall if that happened beforehand, however.

Good luck and I hope this helps someone."

@taylortwocities wrote:

TTC

you can use any video converter (yes that is the name of the application) with the view. it is free and does not have the video/audio sync issue the SMC has.

go here scroll to the bottom and download the free version

note: AVC does not work with the Fuze

Message Edited by drlucky on 10-30-2008 11:11 AM

So, since we are on the Fuze Forum:

Is there a way to use anymediaconverter or something similar to go from DVD to Fuze?

Will SMC “read” from MP4?