Heard VERY loud noise, the Sansa Clip won't turn on or charge at all

After I first heard the noise, tried the radio, radio was ok

Then a minute later it would just die

Can’t turn on or charge, no computer recognizes it

If you could voice a suggestion, I’d really, really, really appreciate it ;(

Depending upon whether this is a  Clip  or the later Clip+ , I would try resetting the device:

If it’s the original model, slide the power switch up to the ON position and hold it there for 20 seconds or so. Release, then try powering up as usual.

If it’s a Clip+, press and hold the power button atop the device, holding it for 20 seconds. Then try powering up as usual.

If the device “freezes” for some reason, it cannot connect normally when plugged in. This is because the device’s processor also handles USB communication.

Try resetting, and let me know if it comes back to life for you!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Clip+

Tried all kinds of long reset (from 5 seconds to 60 seconds), no luck :frowning:

Left charging overnight, didn’t help either

Do you have any idea what that might be? :frowning:

You also could try manually reapplying the latest firmware to the player–the firmware can become corrupt over time (for all computing devixces). See the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of this forum, for the firmware and the instructions on how to manually apply it.

First step in firmware update:

1. “Turn on the Clip”

No computer can even see it :confused:

There’s this tiny black hole at the back of the device, I’m assuming it resets it

Do you think that would help?

Reset is by holding down power. There should not be a hole on the back of yours. Worst case you can try letting the battery run down. Might take a few days at least.

@946am wrote:

There’s this tiny black hole at the back of the device, I’m assuming it resets it

Do you think that would help?

Not really. That hole is the opening for the microphone. I wouldn’t stick a pin or anything in it if I were you.