Has a solution ever been discovered for white screen?

my son has had his fuze for about 6 mos. of course we don’t have receipts or anything to return the darn thing. worked fine last week, went to put new music on today and the screen is permanently white.

any thoughts? anyone found anything that worked. he just has the 4g, no extra card or anything…

tracyg

The first thing to always try when anything goes awry is a reset. Hold the sliding power switch in the uppermost position for up to 30 seconds. This forces a hut-down and resets the unit. Even if you see it turn off after only a couple seconds, continue holding the switch for a good count to 30.

Now release and see if it will start up normally. If that doesn’t work, then this may be of interest. :stuck_out_tongue:

The first thing to always try when anything goes awry is a reset. Hold the sliding power switch in the uppermost position for up to 30 seconds. This forces a shut-down and resets the unit. Even if you see it turn off after only a couple seconds, continue holding the switch for a good count to 30.

Now release and see if it will start up normally. If that doesn’t work, then this may be of interest. :stuck_out_tongue:

ummm, so, i’m taking that as a no, and he’s just SOL?

tracyg

Not neccessarily, but if you look around or do a search using ‘White Screen’ as your parameters, you’ll discover it’s a very common issue. The problem is there seems to be multiple (and as yet undiscovered) causes for it, and therefore there is no one simple answer or solution. There are those who have been successful in resolving it, and those who haven’t.

Frankly, I’d call SanDisk Tech Support. If they can’t get it going and it’s still under warranty, they can hook you up with a replacement. :wink:

Paint it black.

Here you go

fudge wrote:

Paint it black.

Here you go

I would think a High-Gloss would be a better choice. :stuck_out_tongue: