Happy Towel Day!

March 25 is Towel Day.

Towel Day is an official tribute to the wonderful author of the famous Hitchhiker’s Trilogy (of 5 books) and several other books, such as Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency and The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.  

WARNING:   If you read these books (which I recommend), you may have some side effects such as constantly saying the word “er”, explaining things in a very complex way, not making too much sense, and most of all, thinking about where your towel is, why there is a whale falling from the sky, and why the bowl of Petunias thought, “Oh, no.  Not again.”

There’s actually now a 6th book in the Trilogy, but it wasn’t written by Adams. I only recently learned of it myself, so I can’t say personally if it compares favorably to the “official” books, but I heard it’s pretty good.

It seems that the end of Mostly Harmless is the complete end (Arthur even said that), but I may try to find a copy of And Another Thing.

"In the air above him the discontinuities in the blue and green watery sausage shape resolved themselves.  Options collapsed, possibilities folded into each other,and the whole at last resolved itself out of existence… He picked up a piece of paper again and placed a little tick in the little box. 

Well That was done.  His ship slun off into th inky void.

… It was pretty much the same as all the previous months except that there was now nothing on the television anymore.  He put on a little light music instead."

This is the oddest ending to a book or a series I have ever seen. 

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 07-06-2010 04:31 AM

For me, the radio and TV versions did not translete well to print, Maybe if Adams had written with the British Accent to which I’d grown accustom.

Life! Don’t talk to me about life!