Happy 5 months since the last Clip firmware update--is a new update coming, our friends at SanDisk?

:wink:

And when might it be expected?  With folder/file navigation?  Gapless?  Pitch fix?

@miikerman wrote:

And when might it be expected?  With folder/file navigation?  Gapless?  Pitch fix?

I hate to say it, but I’m starting to think

I’m seriously starting to wonder.  I can understand not wanting to give an ETA for firmware, but they’ve completely vanished from the forum all together.  I’m still hoping they’re just really busy bringing us more features…

They are busy developing a new revolutionary firmware for the clip.  When it is completed, the new and improved clip will look like this:

:smileyvery-happy: 

Can you say “SlotMusic” players?  My guess: the Clip is gone.

@gabelucas wrote:

Can you say “SlotMusic” players?  My guess: the Clip is gone.

The clip is a totally different animal than a slot player…The clip may be gone, but it won’t be because of the slot players.

At least in my area slot players are D.O.A.

Well, I just know that one of our friends at SanDisk will read this thread come Monday morning and get back to us with some sort of information then (I know that some SanDisk folk are around:  there have been a few posts by them in the past week).

Really:  the last Clip firmware upgrade issued on Feb. 19, and there was a great Fuze firmware upgrade a number of months ago, bringing hope that the advances in that upgrade (such as folder view/navigation) would make their way to the Clip …

With the summer here, couldn’t SanDisk “simply” have a summer engineering student intern churn an upgrade out?  I would think it would be a great summer intern project.

@miikerman wrote:

Well, I just know that one of our friends at SanDisk will read this thread come Monday morning and get back to us with some sort of information then (I know that some SanDisk folk are around:  there have been a few posts by them in the past week).

Really:  the last Clip firmware upgrade issued on Feb. 19, and there was a great Fuze firmware upgrade a number of months ago, bringing hope that the advances in that upgrade (such as folder view/navigation) would make their way to the Clip …

With the summer here, couldn’t SanDisk “simply” have a summer engineering student intern churn an upgrade out?  I would think it would be a great summer intern project.

Given the amount of controversy that happened with the last Fuze update (which has worked just fine for me, btw ) , would you really want an intern putting out an update? :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Given the amount of controversy that happened with the last Fuze update (which has worked just fine for me, btw ) , would you really want an intern putting out an update? :wink:

Agreed.  I much rather have no update, than a problematic one.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

They are busy developing a new revolutionary firmware for the clip. When it is completed, the new and improved clip will look like this:

Does this have a LOD…? Nano-chromatic color choices…? Looks like it will definately ‘shake to shuffle’…

@robisan wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

They are busy developing a new revolutionary firmware for the clip. When it is completed, the new and improved clip will look like this:

Does this have a LOD…? Nano-chromatic color choices…? Looks like it will definately ‘shake to shuffle’…

I bet it has a warm sound signature.:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

I hadn’t really followed the Fuze upgrade controversy.  Just my thought that with 5 months’ worth of time and a related Fuze firmware upgrade in the interim, the output of a Clip firmware upgrade would be a real possibility, without overtaxing the SanDisk engineers …

5 mths. + 2 days … any news, folks at SanDisk?

They’ve been conspicuously quiet about any and all updates since the last Fuze update. I’m fairly certain the folks in charge have decided not to allow advance notice any more.

@gwk1967 wrote:
They’ve been conspicuously quiet about any and all updates since the last Fuze update. I’m fairly certain the folks in charge have decided not to allow advance notice any more.

I’m starting to think so too. Fortunately, mine works like a champ.

At over 5 months, even an acknowledgment would be appreciated …

Head over to the View forum and see just how dedicated Sandisk real is. They don’t peep a word and let people hang forever. The flagship player that could have been an excellent player, is total garbage due to lack of support for it. For what people paid for those things, Sandisk should have hired outside to fix the firmware if they couldn’t do it themselves.

At least the Clip and Fuze work quite well and can survive if no other firmware is released. The bugs are minor and the enhancements wanted are only a wish.

@14124all wrote:

Head over to the View forum and see just how dedicated Sandisk real is. They don’t peep a word and let people hang forever. The flagship player that could have been an excellent player, is total garbage due to lack of support for it. For what people paid for those things, Sandisk should have hired outside to fix the firmware if they couldn’t do it themselves.

At least the Clip and Fuze work quite well and can survive if no other firmware is released. The bugs are minor and the enhancements wanted are only a wish.

You are correct sir!

Still remember the news about Sandisk not doing too well in the financial department a few months ago? If we’re unlucky the programming folks have been laid off… (Which obviously would ■■■■. Waiting for Godot, anyone?) Well, let’s hope that’s not the case, but in times like these you never know.

Have they even been answering emails or phone calls?