Happy 40th Birthday, Cookie Monster!

I can’t say it any better then Cookie himself:

Have a listen.

Cookie even made it to the famous Google screen.  He’s the only Muppet I know that has the unique rolling pupils in his large eyes.  Cookie won a place in my heart when they tried to make him politically correct as some kind of diet-conscious vegetable-munching twink.  Hey man, he’s Cookie , okay?  Deal with it.  Poor guy had to try his hand at rap!

If you are too enamored with yourself, not watching your children’s eating habits, or the cookie jar, and you blame Cookie for that bad snacking habit, I’ll throw the tofu at you.  I know the kids will duck.

Me like Cookie.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 11-09-2009 06:46 PM

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 11-09-2009 06:53 PM

@neutron_bob wrote:

I can’t say it any better then Cookie himself:

Have a listen.

Wow, I actually remember that song…

I love all the muppets exactly the way they originally are.   The Muppet Show and the Muppet movies were something my family and I always watched and greatly enjoyed.

All I can say about whether or not a muppet character has a negative influence on kids is this: Oscar the Grouch hasn’t influenced any child to want to live in a garbage can when they grow up. lol

@mags1230 wrote:

I love all the muppets exactly the way they originally are.   The Muppet Show and the Muppet movies were something my family and I always watched and greatly enjoyed.

All I can say about whether or not a muppet character has a negative influence on kids is this: Oscar the Grouch hasn’t influenced any child to want to live in a garbage can when they grow up. lol

I always liked the grouchy old farts up in the balcony that laughed at everyone else. And as far as Oscar and his garbage can, well, you never saw my bedroom before I quit drinking…Oscar would have felt right at home .:dizzy_face: :smileyvery-happy:

It couldn’t have been any worse than my brother’s nor my cousin’s bedroom.  What disaster zones!  :smileyvery-happy:  Now that they’re both married, their wives make them pick up after themselves.

I used to LOVE that show 5 years ago. Now, we all wish that Barney and the others would drop dead. I can’t stand Barney!