Guide to Rockbox

Hey everyone, this is a guide to Rockbox that I made. I might suck, so feel free to insult it. :smileyvery-happy:

http://musicouch.com/musicouching/how-to-hack-your-mp3-player/

Great.  And, of course, it’s all in the Rockbox manual–ready for dowload and reading.

@miikerman wrote:

Great.  And, of course, it’s all in the Rockbox manual–ready for dowload and reading.

The Rockbox manual contains numerous spelling errors (The last time I checked) and is full of technical details. My guide is not meant for those people that understand that kind of stuff, on the contrary, my guide is for people that want a simple, one page guide, not a lengthy, verbose guide full of complex details.

It’s a nice looking webpage.  One suggestion though, and that is to have a copy of the firmware handy.  I recently rockboxed my fuze V1 and during the automatic installation, the Rockbox Utility asked for a copy of the firmware.

The Rockbox manual contains numerous spelling errors (The last time I checked) 

 

Really?  Can you point them out so they’re corrected?

@saratoga wrote:

 

The Rockbox manual contains numerous spelling errors (The last time I checked) 

 


Really?  Can you point them out so they’re corrected?

 

 

 But I don’t have a Rockbox account.

 

@fudge wrote:

 


@saratoga wrote:

 

The Rockbox manual contains numerous spelling errors (The last time I checked) 

 


Really?  Can you point them out so they’re corrected?

 

 

 But I don’t have a Rockbox account.

 


 

What do you need an account for? Anyone can read the manual…and you can point out the misspellings here if necessary. saratoga can go and fix them, I do believe.

@marvin_martian wrote:

 


@fudge wrote:

 


@saratoga wrote:

 

The Rockbox manual contains numerous spelling errors (The last time I checked) 

 


Really?  Can you point them out so they’re corrected?

 

 

 But I don’t have a Rockbox account.

 

I thought you needed a Rockbox account to post mistakes and bugs.

I checked the manual, and there were no spelling errors. Sorry. There must have been something wrong with the PDF converter that I used.


 


What do you need an account for? Anyone can read the manual…and you can point out the misspellings here if necessary. saratoga can go and fix them, I do believe.

 

@fudge wrote:

 


@miikerman wrote:

Great.  And, of course, it’s all in the Rockbox manual–ready for dowload and reading.


The Rockbox manual contains numerous spelling errors (The last time I checked) and is full of technical details. My guide is not meant for those people that understand that kind of stuff, on the contrary, my guide is for people that want a simple, one page guide, not a lengthy, verbose guide full of complex details.

 

Yes, the Rockbox Manual explains the many facets of the software’s features–in easily understood language, in my opinion.  Hardly “technical detail” (although that is provided as well, for those who want it)–very easy to skim through.

And your guide is nice as well, for how to install Rockbox through its automatic installer–the topic that your instructions are devoted to (as opposed to the operation of Rockbox and its features).